Is there another option? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 10-29-2010, 10:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
baby 1 had ABO Incompatibility jaundice pretty severely. Treated with lights in hospital with in 24 hours, then lights at home, tons of visits and heel pricks. It was aweful!!!

Baby 2 is suppose to be born at home at end of November.

Trying to come up with plan to deal with possibility of ABO incompatibility again. I don't want baby in hospital and me at home.

To order lights pediatrician wants bili tested but.

1. Baby born when lab is open Monday-Friday I can have DH take him in for a heel prick

2. Baby born after lab closes Friday till opens Monday take into the emergency room for his heel prick

The last thing I want is DH taking a 12 hour old baby into the emergency room!

Fun loving crunchy mommy to an amazing outgoing adventurous boy named Logan Cloud 2/2/07 and our little ball of energy Jayden Edge 11/28/10 and wife to Jet 7/3/05 expecting our third 09/21/14

}
#2 of 2 Old 10-30-2010, 12:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hire a midwife to come to your home just do testing or a visiting nurse to come and do it.

Pedi will order the blanket for you (if needed) so you can stay at home? That would be great! Will they have a visiting nurse come to do bloodwork if you need the blanket to save you from going in to the pedi or other office / hosp setting to check on progress?

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page