Cultural Differences in PPD reaction/interpretation/belief - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-15-2010, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone, I'm wondering if you lovely ladies can help me. I'm doing a paper for school which is going to be essentially based on the difference in post partum depression in two or three different cultures. I'll be examining different risk factors in the cultures, as well as how the political and social environment affects the prevelence, and also the healing process.  I have a lot of ideas in my head, and want to talk about how non-western cultures often have better support systems in place, but also how some of them tend to ignore the existance of ppd as well.

I guess what I'm really asking for is any specific cultures you guys know of that have a lot of studies, or would be especially interesting to study. I feel like theres so many places to start, and I'm a bit overwhelmed. Thanks in advance!

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2010, 01:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Did a google search on postparum depression in eastern culture and came up with lots of results. I don't have any firsthand experience, but wanted to say I love the topic and would love to see the results!

Midwife. Mama to five. Love is still the greatest.

User Tag List