Birth Workers and Beyond. facebook group - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-07-2011, 01:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

You are invited to the Facebook group,  "Birth Workers and Beyond."

Our vision is to have a network where Birth Workers of all types and trades, can have a connection to each other instantly!

Imagine the FORCE and POWER of this network!!

How will we use it? Join us and let’s see what we can birth together!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_164318150271388&ap=1"

Birthpower AWARENESS CAMPAIGN - Do you have your button yet?   www.BirthPower.us      

Did you ROCK that VBAC or Natural Birth? Honor yourself with a Birthpower Necklace! & Empowered Birth Lawn Sign!

PLEASE join our yearly-  EMPOWERED BIRTH AWARENESS WEEK.     

#2 of 4 Old 01-07-2011, 02:59 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Well, I thought that's what we were here... ;)  I hope to see you participate in ways other than just posting to send people to another board, Barb, here in Birth Professionals.  We have a diverse group of participants, and so much wisdom to share.  Thanks for dropping in!

Mama to two awesome kids. Wife to a wonderful, attached, loving husband. I love my job-- I'm a Midwife, Doula and Childbirth Educator, Classes forming now!

#3 of 4 Old 01-08-2011, 07:44 AM - Thread Starter

Hi Courtenay,

Ouch.

Although a part of me knows that it is your job to point that out- I feel like I have to say ( ( (read -defend  nono.gif)) ) that I love MDC and I feel hurt about you implying that I want to take people away from here... and that I only dropped in for that post.

Just scroll through my past posts here and you will see that I have been here since.. ( I think it was 2002!!  I'm not so good at using this format.) I have taught many pregnant women, and run many groups. I have had many websites and yahoogroups for the same and a link to MDC and MDC's community is ALWAYS at the top of the list of links, or in my handouts which I give to mothers . Facebook cannot replace MDC.

What I am excited about sharing is an idea of bringing Unity and Connection to all of our different media, in an instant way. If we can bring this connection, and create unified action, the possibilities are very exciting.

If you watch this video below to the end, I hope you will be a jazzed as I am about what we can do with our instant connection. Jan Tritten, Editor in Chief of Midwifery Today said, "It possibly the most important video I have ever watched."  Jan wrote and editorial about this video which will be in the next e-mail issue of Midwifery Today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6Zo53M0lcY

Until recently on our planet, it would take many years for ideas to find their way to others across the globe. Now by being connected we can absorb,innovate and drive each other with our ideas- instantly. We can use these social medias like never before to create a large, connected community, by connection our communities.

So again, I love MDC, especially the forums... so, take it back. smile.gif

Thanks for listening!

Barbara

mamamoonbirth likes this.

Birthpower AWARENESS CAMPAIGN - Do you have your button yet?   www.BirthPower.us      

Did you ROCK that VBAC or Natural Birth? Honor yourself with a Birthpower Necklace! & Empowered Birth Lawn Sign!

#4 of 4 Old 01-08-2011, 07:47 AM - Thread Starter

Just hoping you get the "feel" of my post. It is supposed to read Excitement, and some Fun! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page