Another person with AAMI questions :) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-21-2013, 09:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I've read all the pros/cons on here about AAMI and I have decided that it would be a good fit for me. I know the website says it's okay if you want to do your academic work before precepting, but I just wanted opinions about that on here. I have 4 children ranging in ages from 8 months-10 years. I will not be ready to apprentice for probably at least 3 more years. I am just not in a position where I can be on call at all right now. I don't want to completely wait to start studying, though. Would it be best to start a program like AAMI and then when I'm finished look for an apprentice opportunity or would it be better to just self-study and read everything I can get my hands on, and then do a program/apprenticeship at the same time? Would having the academia portion completed be helpful in finding someone willing to take on an apprentice? I'm hoping I can at least do some workshops (would LOVE to go to the farm!) a few times, but I know that I can't take on any type of on call, etc. Thanks for any help!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 11-28-2013, 11:23 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Welcome to Mothering! It looks like your post may have been missed, so I'm bumping it up for attention. :bump: Anyone have experiences to share?

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page