Mothering Forum banner

Natural Hospital Birth Kansas City, MO?

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  applejuice 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi. I am planning a natural hospital birth, specifically wanting no meds, mobile during labor and able to choose birthing position. I've done some searching and I'm thinking the midwives at Research Medical Center or Deb Bersano at Truman Medical Center at Lakewood are my best choices. Just wanting to get opinions on those two and open to suggestions on others if you've had a great natural birth experience with another natural minded doc and hospital. Thanks! Monica

#2 ·
I noticed that you also posted in Finding your Tribe, Missouri. Good for you.

I am a homebirth mom of many and I can only state my own opinion that if you want a natural birth, start with a homebirth midwife and then go to the hospital if any complications present themselves; that is what a hospital is for. An obstetrician is primarily a trained surgeon and that is what they do - surgery. A hospital is a place for sick people to get well with drugs, rest, and surgery. That is my experience, 63 years and still strong and moving along.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.