Business advice? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-13-2001, 04:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'd love to hear about how people got started with their own practices. I just started my own doula business but I'm not sure how to get clients. I've done some advertising, but not much. I don't have a lot of money to spend until I start to make some! I'm trying to go by word of mouth too, but that can be hard. It got me one client so far, but I'd like to get more! I just wanted to hear what others have done and how it worked for you!
#2 of 3 Old 12-13-2001, 07:23 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Check out local birthing classes. Talk with a teacher before hand and see if she wouldn't mind you speaking for a couple of minutes on it... ALL those woman ARE expecting, and usually are later into their pregnancies...

Do you have business cards made up? Do you have a local bagel shop or family owned shop that has a bulletin board with everybodies business cards on them?

Check OB/GYN or midwives offices, and see if they wouldn't mind you putting up some business cards.

Think about where Pregnant people go... and GO THERE!!!

Hope even one of these helps you out!

Love,
Emily

#3 of 3 Old 12-18-2001, 07:53 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Make a good web site and advertize the URL on your car windows...Thats how I found out about Doulas in the first place

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page