Doula Dreams of Clients Delivery - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-26-2002, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My good friend and client's 2nd baby is due 2/9. She was early w/her 1st (at 38 wks.) and the full moon is approaching this monday. I wasn't at their 1st birth, but will be present w/this one.

She has not found out the sex of the baby. Last night, I had such a vivid dream about her delivery and post-partum. It was a beautiful baby girl, with lots of dark hair (her 1st is a boy w/white blond hair) like her dh's and looked like him as well. So, I called her this a.m. and told her my dream. She had the exact same dream and had a good contraction this a.m. as well.

You know the dreams you have during your pregnancy about the baby? Well, is it possible to be so connected to your clients, to dream like that about their babies as well?

What do you think?

Warmly~

Lisa

Lisa, Todd, Dane and Amber: & :::
#2 of 4 Old 01-29-2002, 06:48 PM

Hi Lisamarie,

Interesting post!

Yes, I think it's possible. I have dreams all the time about friends' unborn AND born children. I am a firm believer in pre-birth communication and astral projection (leaving your body during sleep) - and I think the babies come visit me quite often. Usually they are around a few months old to a few years old, and they are either laughing or scared. The laughing ones just come around to say "hi there! Look at me! Woo hoo!" and get some snuggles. The scared ones need some hugs, and they seem to be frustrated at how small they are, and how dependent they've chosen to become by being reborn as infants. At least, that's my "take" on it all - it's more like measuring the emotions present as an instant snapshot rather than a movie. I have a couple who visit me quite regularly and I remember the dreams vividly the next morning. I still dream about my preschool kids, "my" kids, all the time. I don't doubt that we are connected in some special manner, by love, even though we live in different states and towns.

And pregnancy is such a magical time - I have no doubt that the little infant souls are checking out who will be in their lives and giving us the once over!
#3 of 4 Old 02-05-2002, 03:51 AM

Ironically, the client I was least attached to I woke up 2 times in the middle of the night same time she did with cntx.
Amy
#4 of 4 Old 02-06-2002, 12:41 AM

Yes, I believe it's quite possible to get messages from the client's baby. I have had this happen several times either in the form of a dream or a strong image, message or feeling during my waking time. Many times I have known the day and or time of the birth and the sex of the baby not by guessing but by receiving a message that felt as though it was coming directly from the baby.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page