Know midwives in NJ whom you trust? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 04-12-2008, 03:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Have an acquaintence in NJ looking for a VBAC with a midwife. Her preference would be a hospital based practice, but with some study, she may be willing to change her mind. Regardless, here is her note to me. Can any of you suggest a practice/midwife? Thanks!:

I am in Northern NJ in Bergen County. Even though I am probably only 15 miles from NYC I am not willing to go into New York for the delivery as with traffic it can at times take hours to get in. The hospitals in my area that I am close to are Hackensack and Valley Hospital in Ridgewood, NJ. Both are very good. Most of the midwives I am finding are up in Sussex County and its a bit too far for us. Thanks so much for your help!

Mama to two awesome kids. Wife to a wonderful, attached, loving husband. I love my job-- I'm a Midwife, Doula and Childbirth Educator, Classes forming now!

#2 of 10 Old 04-16-2008, 12:55 AM - Thread Starter

Honestly? Nobody?...

Mama to two awesome kids. Wife to a wonderful, attached, loving husband. I love my job-- I'm a Midwife, Doula and Childbirth Educator, Classes forming now!

#3 of 10 Old 04-16-2008, 12:28 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You may have better luck in the "finding your tribe" forum. My preceptors (Midwifery Care Associates in Pennington) have an amazing VBAC record, but their hospital is in Trenton.

Wife to Joe and Mama to Rosie, 6/28/06, Jack, 10/25/08 and JoJo 3/18/10.
#4 of 10 Old 04-16-2008, 08:46 PM

There are some homebirth midwives in the area or who will travel to the area. Valariana is one but I don't have her contact info with me. If homebirth is an option. let me know and I'll get her contact info. Otherwise, try Finding your Tribe for more folks from the area.

Megan Davidson, Labor & Postpartum Doula, Breastfeeding Counselor, Anthropologist, Mom to August (9) and Clay (4), Partner to Shawn.

#5 of 10 Old 04-17-2008, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

I did post in the tribal area(and moderate there, too!), and got some names. However, being involved in the birthing community in my area, I know that midwives and/or doulas may know names or have info about practitioners that the non-birth community may not be privvy to. Thanks for your help!

#6 of 10 Old 04-18-2008, 01:14 AM

is she looking for a hospital or homebirth?

labor & postpartum doula, mom to sky & ben
#7 of 10 Old 04-20-2008, 01:04 AM

I have had friends who used the MWs that are associated with Hackettstown Hospital. Some travelled from PA - almost 45 minutes away. They were all very happy with their births. Water births are available. I am not sure what their (or the hospital policy) is on VBACs though. Or how far that is from your friend.
I think there are also some MWs out by Morristown area - but I am not sure. GL!
#8 of 10 Old 04-20-2008, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredma View Post
is she looking for a hospital or homebirth?
RIght now is totally okay with hospital birth but is considering homebirth as an option.

#9 of 10 Old 04-20-2008, 06:38 PM

for homebirth, vicki hedley, she is in northern nj. you can find her info on seventh moon doulas website

labor & postpartum doula, mom to sky & ben
#10 of 10 Old 04-20-2008, 07:23 PM

i'll second the recommendation to contact Vick Hedley. She's a great midwife. She also has many years of experience as a doula too and can probably point you in the direction of some good hospital based midwives if desired as well.

Katie

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page