Where do you get your tinctures? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-24-2008, 10:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do you make your own tinctures or do you buy them? Any experience with Herb Pharm tinctures? If you make them yourself, where do you get your herbs, and how long do you let things steep?

Thanks!

Tracey Mouse

Tracey R. Happy Helpmeet to Jeff, and Mama to Corey (ds, 22yo), Justin (ds, 20yo), Bekah (dd, 3yo), and Miah (Jeremiah, ds, 17mo), and baby Rachel, vasa previa survivor, 4 wks old.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-24-2008, 12:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I make my own, or buy some locally made tinctures. If I need something off the shelf I do buy Ed's HerbPharm stuff. Mostly because when I lived in Oregon I was in an herb group and Ed Smith was in that group. I would also buy Eclectic institute products.

As for where I get the herbs for the most part I wild craft, only what is local and abundant. I use to live where Saint John'swort was abundant but it doesn't really grow here, so I have had fresh gathered shipped in so I can process it, I have also had the good fortune to have family make some SJW oil and just ship it to me. as for methods of tincturing I use Michael Moore's info on that. Once and if I am lucky 2x in a year I can gather fresh shepherd's purse to make a fresh tincture - it's shelf life is suppose to be 6 months .

User Tag List