Maternidad La Luz - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-29-2008, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone trained there? Am seriously considering the one year course. Would like feedback.
#2 of 4 Old 04-29-2008, 07:17 PM

My doula with my third child is there. I believe she has a blog about it...

I think opinions are pretty mixed about it -- on one hand, awesome clinical experience, on the other hand, I think some people feel that it is exploitative.

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
#3 of 4 Old 04-30-2008, 01:55 PM

Can you elaborate on the exploitation idea? Do you have a link to the blog you mentioned?

Jenny: 40 Something AP mom to 2 adult kids, 2 teen step kids, and one amazing 7YO. Doula and Brio Birth educator, too!
#4 of 4 Old 05-02-2008, 12:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I live in Texas and I personally would not train there. I considered it at one point. However when I was pregnant three years ago I took hypnobirthing and became very close with the instructor. She has a daughter who works at one of the hospitals in El Paso and takes the transports from those birth centers. She is very very pro midwife and homebirth but she said they do things really badly at the birth centers there. She has seen things happen that should never happen with competent midwives. Instead of going there I am traveling to the Dominican Republic for three weeks.

Lisa

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page