trying to pass miscarriage - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-27-2008, 01:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i was advised to come here and ask my question from another forum because none of the ladies could help me there. this is a copy and paste of my problem {sorry for that, i've just written it and said my story so many times already...}

i found out last monday that my baby died at 7 weeks 6 days {i was suppose to be 12 weeks that day} the doctor said that he would give me four weeks to pass the baby on my own then he would give me meds which he was sure would help me pass the baby, but if that failed... d&c.
i've been taking evening primrose oil for 3 days and last night while i drank two cups of red raspberry tea i had contractions/cramps for 2 hours. but no blood. this morning when i woke up, there was bloody mucus. but nothing else. no lumps or things that looked like it could have been anything. so today there has only been light bleeding and no cramps.
as you could understand, i want this to be over with. at first i was fine with waiting but i feel like it's just driving me crazy. i am ready to start healing and to try to get back to normal.
i know this must make me seem so uncaring. but i am utterly devastated. i just don't know what to do. i'm tired of the roller coaster of emotions. i'm tired of everyone asking if i'm alright and if "anything has happened yet."
can anyone PLEASE help me with trying to speed this up? are there any other herbs i can take to help pass the baby?
i am just at a loss and i really don't have a clue as what to do. i've looked all over the net and all i can find is crap on d&c's and taking medications to get it all over with.
i don't want to take any meds. i don't want my baby taken out of me. i really just want to pass it on my own and bury it by our baby walnut tree.
i appreciate any advice you can give me. thank you so much in advance.
#2 of 4 Old 05-27-2008, 02:01 AM

I am so deeply sorry for your lost first of all. the waiting has to be just the worst.

i do not have any medical advise, but i will say if you have begun any bleeding, you are already very close to getting through this.

there are others on here that are experienced with herbs, but if it were me i would try the cohoshes, black and blue

hope you are feeling better soon

Lisa~Was Aspiring Midwife~Now-AAMI Midwifery Student #2020~Mama to Zackery 3/29/96, Drake 9/22/01, and Selina 10/26/03...and here was the link to my new blog
#3 of 4 Old 05-27-2008, 11:44 AM

Sorry for your loss.
Your feelings are completely normal and understandable under the circumstances, and that you're ready to morn, and heal. Having an herbal abortion is not that easy but here is all the information.
http://www.sisterzeus.com/Abortif.htm

You mentioned that you had passed a Bloody mucus, have you talked to your midwife or doctor about that. It is possible that is all you would see at 7 weeks is bloody mucus. Consider having an ultra sound to make sure you did not already pass the fetus.
#4 of 4 Old 05-28-2008, 08:21 PM

Such a hard thing to go through!
Take some quiet time to tune in with your body. Know that it is trying to do what it knows it should do. Send some appreciation to your uterus and let yourself feel whatever is within you. See your body passing everything completely and smoothly, having normal discharge afterwards.
You could use some sort of labor tincture with the black and blue cohosh and cotton root bark.
Keep what you pass so you or your caregiver can examine it.
Keep an eye on how much bleeding you are doing after.
This is about the time the body would be doing this so it will happen soon.
((((HUGS))))

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page