Post Partum Hemorrhoids - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 05-28-2008, 11:30 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I’m not sure if this is where to post this but I don’t really know a better place.

So I am 9 months post partum and I am SO SICK of these hemorrhoids. I just.can’t.take.it.anymore. After birth, I had about 2 golf size ball hemorrhoids that took a good 2-3 months to go down. They were beyong painful and I thought I was never going to get better. They actually went away for a month then came back. I have had a walnut size one now for 8 weeks. I am so sick of this. It’s painful and I just can’t take it.

Will these ever go away? I’m seriously thinking about getting them surgically removed.

I have tried so many things to help but nothing seems to work.

Help!
#2 of 10 Old 05-28-2008, 08:36 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh boy, do I sympathize.

I did a lot of sitz baths with vinegar... also cutting out dairy helped me.

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
#3 of 10 Old 05-29-2008, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

So you put the vinegar in the bath?

I just looked up the surgery for hemorrhoid removal and the recovery is 4 weeks! So that is out of the question since I have no sick time left this year.
#4 of 10 Old 05-29-2008, 08:23 PM

I think I did about 1/4c in a bath.

I googled "hemorrhoid remedy" (and every version of it) and tried everything.

Also, the potato thing has worked for me a few times. Cut a raw, unpeeled potato into an insertable size, and insert. Use some kind of lube.

treehugger.gif Erika
mom of twins.gif (8)  blahblah.gif(5) thumbsuck.gif (3) and baby.gif born at home on Christmas day! 
#5 of 10 Old 05-30-2008, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter

You stick it in there huh? I have heard about applying to the outside but never inside…

So ummmm how does it come out? Doesn’t it feel like you want to push it out all the time?

I’m all about feeling better so I’m willing to try it just not sure about inserting it. The hemorrhoids are on the outside.
#6 of 10 Old 05-30-2008, 03:23 PM

Uh, I think it just kind of sits in there and um... absorbs... only one time did I do it and then suddenly had to poo and it came back out, whole.

Give it a shot!

treehugger.gif Erika
#7 of 10 Old 05-30-2008, 03:38 PM

Golf balls! Ouch, mama. What I found worked well was witch hazel frozen on a cloth pad, which I would wear for a while after each BM. Helped them go down faster and better.

Grateful midwife and peaceful mama to three blissfully birthed, amazing children: dd (10)dd (7) and  ds (5).
#8 of 10 Old 05-30-2008, 05:49 PM

So Sorry to hear of your suffering. Hem's sure are a pain in the a@#. Sorry, couldn't help the pun. I, too, have suffered from them badly after several surgeries I had to have. The best thing I have found is called "no more hemmoroids" It is an all natural essential oil blend that I ordered online. I had gone to the dr for one that was so bad they considered surgery.
I hope this works for you. Also, lots of baths, warm to hot to soak the area.
HTH.
#9 of 10 Old 05-30-2008, 05:53 PM

Not to hijack or anything but I have a hemorrhoid and I'm 19 months pp. Do they ever go away? Mine is just one and it's small, it doesn't irritate much at all but it would sure be nice if it went away some time. Is surgery the only thing that will make that happen?

Sav
#10 of 10 Old 05-30-2008, 06:32 PM

Hyland's has an ointment that i swear by. Just google it, it is fantastic!

Midwifery Student and Mama to 2 daughters and 3 sons.     
ribboncesarean.gif vbac.gifhomebirth.jpg I have given birth a variety of ways and I am thankful for what each one has taught me.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page