seating for childbirth class? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 05-29-2008, 01:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi--
I'm a CBE teaching at the local hospital. Our couples (ave. 10-11/class, but I've had 18) right now sit in chairs...not the most comforable, IMO. And not the best for promoting active birth. What are your ideas for seating for childbirth classes? We're in different auditoriums for different sessions, but there are 2 storage cabinets in 1 room. I need something that's washable/easy to wipe down in between uses. I was thinking of yoga mats (1/couple), and then some type of floor cushion or seat that would promote optimal fetal positioning (no leaning back), and be portable and comfortable...the couples are told to bring their pillows to each class, which would add to their comfort. I'm also wondering how some of the parents would respond to being on the floor. Since these are hospital classes, not everyone is going for a more natural birth. I get couples who are having a homebirth (not common)/birth center(still not as common)/hospital birth (very common), and these are really the classes that are offered in our town. A few more are offered, but the majority take these classes. The great thing is, all the instructors right now are very pro natural birth, although we teach unbiased...Thanks for any ideas!

Carrie

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page