Minor Spotting at 32 weeks with septate uterus - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 06-01-2008, 01:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Wondering if anyone can give me some guidance... my SIL who I am doulaing for, called me tonight to tell me she was noticing a bit of blood, and wasn't sure what to do. This is her third pregnancy, her first two went to 35 weeks to the day and then she went into labor naturally, but was delivered by a planned c-section. Her doctor is a bit worried that this baby is quite a bit bigger than her first two (which were already 5.5 and 5.7), and says she doesn't expect to see her past 35 weeks, so effectively, SIL is counting herself at 37 weeks. She is also very stressed out as they just put their house on the market this week, and are moving into a new house beginning of July.

She says other than a tiny bit of bright red spotting, she doesn't notice any difference at all, not sick, not in pain other than the normal BH she's been having for the past few weeks. The thing is, she told me she's thinking it might be posible for the blood to be from her having scratched herself or something, she used the example on toilet paper, and maybe it's not coming from any further in than that.

I told her that my first gut instinct was to watch the blood, see if it got darker (it should), but that if it didn't, she should go in. Also she should be hyperaware of other changes in her mood, pain, body, anything really. My instinct tells me that if she's considering the amount of blood to be small enough to have come from a toilet paper cut, then it's likely nothing to worry about... but I'm obviously not a medical professional, and especially not when it comes to a woman on her third c-section with two uterus and cervixes!

What else should we be watching out for, what could be a concern at this point that we need to be hyperaware of?

Doula mama, medic daddy and Tenley Harper born naturally 11/29/11 delayedvax.gifbfinfant.giffemalesling.GIFcd.gif

#2 of 2 Old 06-01-2008, 05:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
As a doula, it would be out of my scope of practice to advise a woman what to watch out further for in this particular situation...she has a very specific set of circumstances that would absolutely lead me to advise her to call her health care provider. I personally can't imagine cutting myself with toilet paper so I wonder if she's just wishful thinking. Better to get checked out in this case, IMO, especially considering her history. FWIW, I tend in general to be relaxed and not alarmist, and this situation would concern me.

SugarMama to Chatterbox Zoe (almost 4) and Locomotive Miles (2)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page