ICEA or Childbirth graphics? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 11 Old 06-07-2008, 11:47 AM - Thread Starter
 
cranberriesfor5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've ordered materials from CG and they are great, but ICEA prices are MUCH better, but you don't really get to see what you are buying.

Which do you prefer? Is ICEA good quality?

THanks Ladies!

Also does anyone know where I can get a pelvis for cheap, as well as a uterus w/ a snap-on vagina?
cranberriesfor5 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 of 11 Old 06-07-2008, 02:48 PM
 
christinar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Central Maine
Posts: 295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've always ordered from Childbirth Grapics too... re: pelvis, I just bought one on Ebay for $50 total, including shipping & was very happy with that price. It's just an inch or two smaller than the standard ones, but after receiving it & checking it out, I think it's a great size - not huge for bringing with me/storing, but large enough to show to a group/pass around.

gardening : SAHM to ballerina (6/15/02) and son (5/18/05) still for my husband. Independent Childbirth Educator
christinar is offline  
#3 of 11 Old 06-07-2008, 02:56 PM
 
SalmonBayDoula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 621
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cranberriesfor5 View Post

Also does anyone know where I can get a pelvis for cheap, as well as a uterus w/ a snap-on vagina?
Just had to laugh!

I have used ebay to purchase a pelvis for a fair price, and if you knit or know a knitter, you can make a uterus pretty easy! google for the pattern!

Best,
Sharon

Birth doula, doula trainer, ican leader, lamaze childbirth educator, and most importantly, mom of 2 great girls!
SalmonBayDoula is offline  
#4 of 11 Old 06-07-2008, 03:26 PM
 
wombjuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,775
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Here's the knitted uterus pattern!

http://www.mother-care.ca/uterus.htm


Sprat , Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig , the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, little Sprout and now someone new! on begins with .
wombjuice is offline  
#5 of 11 Old 06-08-2008, 02:16 AM - Thread Starter
 
cranberriesfor5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ohhhh, thanks ladies!!!!
cranberriesfor5 is offline  
#6 of 11 Old 06-09-2008, 02:09 AM
 
Navy_Mommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 333
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone know of any CROCHET patterns for the uterus?
Navy_Mommy is offline  
#7 of 11 Old 06-09-2008, 01:36 PM
 
wombjuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,775
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I think the reason there are no crochet uterus patterns (for childbirth education purposes) is because the ribbing stitch at the cervix area of the uterus is so stretchy (to demonstrate dilation and the baby's head coming through)...if the uterus were crocheted, it wouldn't stretch like that, ya know?

Sprat , Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig , the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, little Sprout and now someone new! on begins with .
wombjuice is offline  
#8 of 11 Old 06-09-2008, 05:34 PM
 
Navy_Mommy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Augusta, GA
Posts: 333
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by feminine_earth View Post
I think the reason there are no crochet uterus patterns (for childbirth education purposes) is because the ribbing stitch at the cervix area of the uterus is so stretchy (to demonstrate dilation and the baby's head coming through)...if the uterus were crocheted, it wouldn't stretch like that, ya know?
I have several patterns that have ribing that are crochet..... but ok
Navy_Mommy is offline  
#9 of 11 Old 06-09-2008, 05:50 PM
 
April422's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Some Where Out There
Posts: 329
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
RE: ICEA, don't buy their pelvis, I know of someone who did and the coxxyx broke off and they refused to even entertain a replacement. It's also not a great quality.

I'd much rather invest in one from Childbirth Graphics that will last a lifetime, or longer. Mine are from CG and had a previous life with a midwife and it's still in great shape. The other is from a former CBE and it's still like new as well.

I bought my knit uterus off ebay for $20, complete with snapping vagina. Just keep an eye out.

April :
Mom, Wife, Doula, CBE
April422 is offline  
#10 of 11 Old 06-10-2008, 08:55 AM
 
wombjuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,775
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy_Mommy View Post
I have several patterns that have ribing that are crochet..... but ok
Oh! I don't know all that much about crochet...I didn't know there were ribbing stitches...most all of the crochet I've ever seen wasn't stretchy at all. Sorry bout that!

Sprat , Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig , the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, little Sprout and now someone new! on begins with .
wombjuice is offline  
#11 of 11 Old 06-10-2008, 08:56 AM
 
wombjuice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,775
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by April422 View Post
RE: ICEA, don't buy their pelvis, I know of someone who did and the coxxyx broke off and they refused to even entertain a replacement. It's also not a great quality.

I'd much rather invest in one from Childbirth Graphics that will last a lifetime, or longer. Mine are from CG and had a previous life with a midwife and it's still in great shape. The other is from a former CBE and it's still like new as well.

I bought my knit uterus off ebay for $20, complete with snapping vagina. Just keep an eye out.
OMG...snapping vagina...has anyone ever seen "From Dusk Til Dawn"??

Sprat , Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig , the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, little Sprout and now someone new! on begins with .
wombjuice is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off