protein in urine with no other symptoms? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 06-09-2008, 06:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 35 weeks today and at my appointment my urine tested positive for protien, slightly above trace. My MW wasn't concerned b/c my BP was good (102/68) and I have no other symptoms, she just said that they'd watch my BP and look for swelling, etc. I still can't help but to worry though that my BP is gonna sky rocket tomorow or something, is a small ammount of protein with no other symptoms something to wory about?

vbac.gif WAH momma nak.gif  to DS '04 blahblah.gif  DD '08 energy.gif  DS '10 hammer.gif surprise! 3rdtri.gif  

#2 of 2 Old 06-09-2008, 09:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Very likely nothing to worry about--was it a dipstick test? I don't even use those anymore, because they are not so reliable.

Many women have a trace or 'almost plus 1' protein in their urine during normal pregnancy. If there are any other signs, I hope that your mw will get a 24hr urine collection and some blood tests to check your liver for adequate function. Neither urine dipstick nor b/p measure is all that reliable in ascertaining pre-eclampsia (some normal women also have a rise in b/p during later pregnancy).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page