balancing hormones pp - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 06-10-2008, 10:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do the birth professionals here have suggestions / things they use for balancing hormones pp? I am especially interested in something that will *not* start my period.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 06-11-2008, 12:03 PM

You should not take some some random recommendation or what worked for someone else! You need to have someone evaluate your particular situation and symptoms.

First go to a doctor, midwife, or nurse practitioner to get blood tests to find out which hormones are "Unbalanced" . If you are pp it is typically your Thyroid not functioning well or Progesterone levels that are off (or other like prolactin this is all depending on your symptoms).

How would you know if you did not have a diagnostic blood test or someone knowledgeabe to find out all your symptoms.

Then you have choices to address the issue with all different types of modalities including allopathetic medicine, chinese medicine, herbs, homoeopathy etc.
#3 of 3 Old 06-12-2008, 12:21 AM - Thread Starter

I am referring to temporary hormonal fluctuations that often occur after birth. From what I understand, the big drop in progesterone after birth can be difficult emotionally for some women. I have been having an emotional pp, and after talking it all through together, my mw thinks it is all pp hormonal fluctuations. She told me to take an herb, which is known as a hormone balancer. It works. I feel so much better when using it. Unfortunately, I've read about this herb being used to start periods - and I don't want to do that. My mw told me to keep taking it since it is helping me and that it shouldn't bring on my period since I still had lochia. My lochia just ended, though... So I'm just wondering if other mws have remedies that they use for temporary pp hormonal fluctuation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewi View Post
You should not take some some random recommendation or what worked for someone else! You need to have someone evaluate your particular situation and symptoms.

First go to a doctor, midwife, or nurse practitioner to get blood tests to find out which hormones are "Unbalanced" . If you are pp it is typically your Thyroid not functioning well or Progesterone levels that are off (or other like prolactin this is all depending on your symptoms).

How would you know if you did not have a diagnostic blood test or someone knowledgeabe to find out all your symptoms.

Then you have choices to address the issue with all different types of modalities including allopathetic medicine, chinese medicine, herbs, homoeopathy etc.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page