Dopplers on Ebay - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-12-2008, 12:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am looking for a doppler for use in case a fetoscope isn't appropriate during births. ( i am an apprentice). I found a bunch on Ebay for waaay less than at the conventional resources for dopplers. Anyone have any experience with these or have a recommended seller if they have purchased off ebay?

Apprentice midwife, partner, mother to two boys 5 and 2 1/2 :::
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2008, 12:48 AM

Location: out in the country-somewhere in Indiana and Michigan!
I have heard that some have had a good experience, I did not. Doppler worked long enough for me to give the guy a good eval....then it quit working.....

Midwife, Wife, Mother of 5 (6) and "Ga-Ma" to 5 adorable grand children...
Old 06-12-2008, 01:44 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I also had a bad experience buying one on ebay. I thought I was getting a good deal but the doppler turned out to be broken and cost as much to fix it as to just buy the same doppler brand new. I wish I would have just gotten the brand new one right off the bat and saved myself $220.

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

Old 06-12-2008, 02:15 AM

I bought one for my doula (who is also an apprentice midwife and my friend) off of ebay for $150. It is a Huntleigh (i think) and she has had it almost two years and it has worked fine. So i suppose there are some that are okay.

Midwifery Student and Mama to 2 daughters and 3 sons.     
ribboncesarean.gif vbac.gifhomebirth.jpg I have given birth a variety of ways and I am thankful for what each one has taught me.

Old 06-15-2008, 09:56 AM

hi there-
i have this doppler:
http://www.1cascade.com/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=2570

with a 2 mhz waterproof probe.
i am a home birth midwife, bought it in 2005, only used it once at a birth. have since had my own child and am no longer doing births. i could use the money right now - more than hanging on to a doppler that i might not use again for years. if you're still looking and are interested, make me an offer!

i've never sold or bought on e-bay cause it worries me not knowing if it's legit. i have bought/traded things on mdc and have loved it!

mama to my home birthed brothers
jack 10.13.05 gabriel kai 6.9.09
Old 06-15-2008, 09:57 AM

and oh yea, PM me. i probably won't see if if you reply in this thread...

mama to my home birthed brothers
jack 10.13.05 gabriel kai 6.9.09
Old 06-16-2008, 12:57 PM

I did and it was a fraud. I sent it back and am still waiting on the $$ back. I bought the real deal an Elite 200 with 3mhz probe instead of taking the chance with another $100 POS that might not work when it is needed the most.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:21 PM

I bought a Huntleigh D920 for $212.50ppd from Stork Doctor on eBay and it works quite well. They do have a guarantee and seem to be a legit seller. (I actually bought a cheaper doppler from them and wasn't crazy about it so they let me exchange it and pay the difference, it was a very professional transaction)

I'd be a little leery of buying some of the dopplers I've seen on eBay... some auctions just seem a little too 'off' for me to risk it.

Good luck!
Old 06-18-2008, 11:44 AM

I've bought 2 dopplers, one Huntleigh and one Sonotrax, both work perfectly. The Sono was brand new in the box, for $129.00, and the HUntleigh was refurbished, for $200.00. I've had them for over 2 years and they've never failed me.

The Huntleigh I bought from Dr. Robert Sussman, who always has refurbished dopplers for sale with warrantees. I forget which seller I bought the Sono from.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenkids View Post
The Huntleigh I bought from Dr. Robert Sussman, who always has refurbished dopplers for sale with warrantees. I forget which seller I bought the Sono from.
That's who I bought my Huntleigh from- I called him Stork Doctor but it's actually Stork Radio... his username is 2828doctor. I've been happy with mine!
Old 06-18-2008, 05:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sevenkids View Post

That is how I should have gone with buying a used doppler from ebay. Instead I bought it from a woman who claimed she only used it in one pregnancy, for a few months, that she had bought it brand new and that it was in like new condition. Well, it wasn't. And there wasn't anything I could do about it afterwards. Bummer.

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

User Tag List