I hope this is okay to post and pass along.
Please move or cross post to the area with the most mothers with 0-12 month olds.
Kathleen Kendall-Tackett, Ph.D., IBCLC & Thomas Hale,Ph.D.,
Co-investigators For more information about our study, contact
Kathy Kendall-Tackett[email protected]Survey of Mothers' Sleep & Fatigue
We are pleased to announce our new
online survey of mothers' sleep and
fatigue. Please tell mothers you work
with about our study. The more
mothers we can get to participate,
the more valid our findings.
This study is open to all mothers
with babies 0-12 months old. We
would like to include breastfeeding
and non-breastfeeding women, and
women of all ethnicities and income
We hope to document:
• Where and how much do babies sleep?
• Are mothers who breastfeed and co-sleep more or less tired than mothers who don't?
• Are mothers telling their friends, relatives and health care providers where their babies sleep?
• Are there ethnic group differences in where babies sleep?
• What is the role of depression, psychological trauma and difficult birth in mothers' ongoing daytime fatigue?
The questionnaire takes 20 to 30 minutes to complete and is confidential. It has been approved by the Institutional Review Board at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center, Amarillo, Texas.
The link for the survey is:http://neonatal.ttuhsc.edu/lact