overactive fetus? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-12-2008, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey ladies,

I am 30 weeks pregnant with baby #4 and am a bit concerned recently by the amount of activity of this baby. She has always been very active, but lately it seems like she is constantly turning summersaults and kicking and punching like crazy, all at the same time! Sometimes the kicks and punches are in such quick succession that I worry that she is having a seizure in there or something. I have never experienced this level of activity with all my other pregnancies...I'm glad to have the reassurance of her movements, but at the same time am worried that this might be excessive.
Is there any such thing as an overactive fetus, or any reason to be concerned about such fast and frequent movements?
Thanks.
#2 of 7 Old 11-12-2008, 06:20 PM

I can't say if it's normal but I'm in the same boat with you! This babe has been so active that I have had my share of concern with it! Everyone I've asked about it seem too think it's fine though.
I'll be watching this thread for sure! GL
#3 of 7 Old 11-12-2008, 06:32 PM

Not a birth professional, but I have heard that a really active baby can be a sign of food intolerances. My baby isn't generally real active but if I eat chocolate he gets very active. I wouldn't think it would be something to be concerned about now, but you might think about keeping an eye out for any sign of food intolerances after birth.
#4 of 7 Old 11-12-2008, 06:35 PM

My DD was super-active all the way through. Nothing wrong with her but she is very spirited/intense/high-needs. I've heard that they correlate - so you may want to prepare yourself for years of little to no sleep!
In all seriousness, maybe try keeping track of it for a few days - when are the most active times? do you notice a connection between those times and anything else, e.g. a certain food/drink as a PP suggested, or your stress levels, physical activity rates etc.
FWIW your baby's activity level sounds much like my DD. I used to compare it to having had a live salmon sewn into my tummy! Thrashing around all over the place!

Lisa - mama to Eleanor Rose 01/08 and Saoirse Lily 09/10
#5 of 7 Old 11-12-2008, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisabeeprague View Post
My DD was super-active all the way through. Nothing wrong with her but she is very spirited/intense/high-needs. I've heard that they correlate -
This has been my experience as well. Amazing little babies, worth all the hard work!
#6 of 7 Old 11-13-2008, 02:00 PM

Quote:
My DD was super-active all the way through. Nothing wrong with her but she is very spirited/intense/high-needs. I've heard that they correlate - so you may want to prepare yourself for years of little to no sleep!
!
Although...a friend has a four month old who was super active in the womb, and he is the mellowest baby I have ever seen. I seriously have never heard the kid cry. He still moves his arms and legs constantly, though!
#7 of 7 Old 11-14-2008, 11:40 AM

Quote:
My DD was super-active all the way through. Nothing wrong with her but she is very spirited/intense/high-needs. I used to compare it to having had a live salmon sewn into my tummy! Thrashing around all over the place!
Ahhh yes ~ this sounds just like my 5th baby!!! He was by far the most active pg I have had, so active that I could feel movements as early as 7-8wks with him . FWIW ~ he has never stopped moving since he was born either....he was I loving call my chandelier swinger

Dana

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page