Anyone do Matrona midwifery intensives? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-18-2009, 06:18 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! So, I thought I was 100% convinced that AAMI was the best choice for me. However, I ran across the the Matrona and I was drawn in. It looks like it is a perfect blend of traditonal healing and midwifery skills. I am so torn now!! I think I would like to do the Matrona program. However, I don't have the cash to do the next program and will have to wait for the following one.

So, I have a few questions. Have you ever done the program? What did you think about it? Would you recommend me doing the program and AAMI or just one?

I will need to do apprenticeships as well for clinical experience. However, I want to be a well-educated midwife that is skilled in midwifery and healing. What is best?

Thanks!!

Amber (31) - Married to my high school sweetheart for 13 years, mom of 4 amazing kids (ages 12, 8, 3, and 16 months), homeschooler, and expecting our 5th child around May 18th!
#2 of 8 Old 11-11-2009, 11:38 PM

I have only done a weekend Quantum Midwifery workshop with Whapio, but if I were drawn to being a midwife, I would definitely study with her! She is clear, passionate and very, very knowledgable about undisturbed birth physiology.

I am planning on doing the Holistic Doula training next year.

For My Website, Blog & Primal Pregnancy Tips: See my Profile Page!

#3 of 8 Old 11-12-2009, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you so much for your feedback on her! She is so nice and I am really drawn to her. I definately want to study with her. I am debating on doing AAMI or her program but even if I choose AAMI, I will do Whapio's doula program and other workshops (like the one in Peru). She has so much knowledge and I really want to learn from her.

Amber (31) - Married to my high school sweetheart for 13 years, mom of 4 amazing kids (ages 12, 8, 3, and 16 months), homeschooler, and expecting our 5th child around May 18th!
#4 of 8 Old 12-01-2009, 02:14 PM

I just got an email from Whapio--she's moved the doula training to Olympia and is now calling it "Deepening the Knowledge of Birth" and opening it up to both mothers and holistic practitioners, while still offering doula certification. If you want more info, pm me, 'cause it's not on her website yet. Would be great if you can make it!

For My Website, Blog & Primal Pregnancy Tips: See my Profile Page!

#5 of 8 Old 12-09-2009, 11:28 AM

I did the four month immersion in Asheville this past spring/summer. Feel free to contact me privately for my impressions.
#6 of 8 Old 12-10-2009, 06:30 PM

I am coordinating her offerings in Bellingham Wa...Happy to connect
#7 of 8 Old 04-25-2011, 05:54 AM

Hi there,

i am really interested in doing a holistic mifwifery course.  How did you find the immersion course at the la matrona? it sounds amazing.do you know if it still runs for four months?it seems to say it is a year.  I am in England so I would have to make big changes!

look forward to hearing from you,

Thankyou,

Grace.

#8 of 8 Old 06-27-2011, 01:08 PM

Hello, I really have no idea how this works, I am thinking about the matrona program in ashville, I would like to hear about your experience if you a willing to share it.

Thanks

Tags
Midwifery Programs

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page