Practice management software for midwives - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-26-2010, 01:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Just wanted to let everyone know about this new software program that has just come out, called Private Practice. I'm not affiliated with the midwife that is starting it in anyway; I just thought it sounded great and wanted to share. A list of some of the services it will provide is below; it will be available around the beginning of next year. I do know they are looking for active, busy midwives to test the system for them so anyone interested please let me know and I'll send you the info.
-Create and track chart notes
-Upload files (labs, ultrasounds, etc)
-Electronically fax referrals, records for labor transports, and complete health records.
-Customize to-do lists (for prenatal discussion checklists and informed choice, and tag them back to your progress notes)
-Access to your chart from any computer at any time-it's web based!
-Secure, backed up, and HIPAA compliant
-Subscription based, no installation or up front purchase
-Client access to their own medical record- this is a major benchmark for federal HHR and AHRQ recommendations for EHR (electronic health record) guidelines. Midwives can lead this initiative to patient-centered electronic charting!
-Interact and integrate email, phone calls, and text messages into the progress notes

Sounds great doesn't it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2010, 04:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I'm interested. We just got a way to access the internet anywhere, so web-based software became more of a possibility.

Thanks~

Stacia -- intrepid mama, midwife, and doula. Changing the world one 'zine at a time.
Old 09-26-2010, 04:25 PM

I'm interested, although I'm not sure I qualify as an "active, busy midwife."

Charlotte, midwife to some awesome women, wife to Jason, and no longer a mama to all boys S reading.gif('01), A nut.gif ('03) S lol.gif ('08) and L love.gif ('10).
Old 09-26-2010, 11:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Doesn't hurt to ask; I don't know how many people have responded so far so there are probably still openings.
Old 12-16-2010, 01:41 AM
Banned

Sorry it took us so long to find this. I'll be happy to answer any questions. As for beta testers, we'll need some very soon and not just from "busy and active" midwives. We're looking for a wide range of testers from all sizes of practice. If you're interested, please get on our mailing list at http://getprivatepractice.com. We'll get in touch when we're ready.

User Tag List