Mothering Forum banner

Midwifery Today conference in March/April 2011

2K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  wayfaring 
#1 ·
#5 ·
I might be going over for a day or two. I went the last time it was in Eugene, and meeting Gail Hart, Gloria Lemay, Ina May, Elizabeth Davis, etc was awesome!

I think I want to take the herbal workshop. Will depend on what subjects are covered in my workshop next week, and also when Karen Strange might be coming around again. I've got to budget for all the things I want to do in the coming year!

Kat

#7 ·
I'll be there! Will be staying at the venue (Hilton) like I did last time. This time I'll be going up w/o family. 5 days is a long time to expect my kids and hubby to do the hotel thing.

If you *do* bring family, there's a wonderful waterpark (indoor and HUGE) close enough that the family can do that while you do the workshops each day. My boys had a very good time doing that.

Planning on keeping my calendar clean for the time surrounding the conference in order to make this happen. I'm *uber* excited

I'll probably do the Amtrak from Tacoma to Portland. The hotel is *just* around the block from the train station.

#11 ·
I'm planning on going, but we'll have to see what our funds look like after the Holidays. We tend to go a bit over board with the gift giving

#12 ·
I havn't been on these forums in a while, but I attended the last two that were held in Eugene and will be there for at least some of this one as well! It is a good idea to keep checking back at this thread as it gets close, I only live an hour away, but will likely stay on location for a night or maybe two as I really prefer that when at conferences I have found! So I may be looking to roomshare also.

#17 ·
Just bumping the thread as I've decided to go for three days instead of one, and now need to decide what other classes to take, hmmmmm. I'm no help on the room share though, as I think the husband wants to come with all the kidlets.

So, Shonda's all day herbal is a definite. Laura, if you are going to be there, I'd like to chat you up a bit about choosing to remain unlicensed.

What other classes are you ladies definitely taking?

Kat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.