Doctors and Midwives in the Detroit area - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-05-2011, 10:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi everyone :)  My wife and I are looking for referrals to doctors who are open to home births as well as a mid wife to assist.  We're not very happy with our doctors now, and we're looking to make a change before we get pregnant.  Thanks for any advice you can give!

#2 of 3 Old 03-05-2011, 01:45 PM

Hi!  Welcome to the boards!  I used to live in the Metro Detroit area before moving to the Thumb, and eventually landing in the Tri-Cities area.  I'm not certain where you are, but we have a family doctor in the Imlay City area (about 45 minutes or so to the east of Flint) that is supportive of homebirth.  His name is Dr. Eric Clark, MD.  I hope you find the providers you are looking for!  Have you headed into the Finding Your Tribe forum?  There are some wonderful resources there for the Michigan region.

joy.gif Wife to  geek.gif,  mama to  reading.gif,   guitar.gif, fly-by-nursing1.gif, and thumbsuck.gif - bonus mommy to  loveeyes.gif!  homebirth.jpghomeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#3 of 3 Old 03-10-2011, 05:49 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the response!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page