Homebirth midwife looking for student/apprentice/assistant in Ohio. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 12 Old 03-09-2011, 02:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello,

I am a homebirth midwife with a very small practice. I am looking for someone who would be interested in either assisting or apprenticing in the mid/eastern Ohio area.

If interested you can call me 1-330-236-3361,

Thanks,

Bobbie Boyd

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 03-09-2011, 03:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

You wouldn't happen to be considering a move to Columbus, would you? redface.gif I just moved here and I'm hoping to start studying to be a midwife soon.

Mandy, )O(  Proud mommy of Taylor (1/6/05) jammin.gifand Abigail (4/21/11) slinggirl.gif
Loving wife of my gamer boy Michael. modifiedartist.gifBlog link in my profile! ribboncesarean.gif
#3 of 12 Old 03-10-2011, 07:12 AM - Thread Starter

No sorry no moving plans. There are midwives in the area. Call the CHOICE office and see if they have students. Best of Luck

Bobbie

#4 of 12 Old 04-23-2011, 12:50 AM

Bobbie,

When I saw your post I was very intrigued. I just graduated from Johns Hopkins University School of Nursing where I was class president, a member of their birth companions program whereby I attained elidgibility to become a doula, I have taken extra curricular activities on fetal hearth rate monitoring and intervention, am sitting for the exam to be a certified lactation consultant on April 30th, and I am an aspiring home birth midwife myself. This seems like a wonderful opportunity that I would be willing to relocate for. If interested, please do call me at 202-600-6818 or email me at tammi.west@gmail.com.

Thanks!

Tammi West, BSN RN

#5 of 12 Old 01-23-2012, 04:06 PM

Hello Bobbie!

I'm a traditional midwife in North Central Ohio, near Norwalk. I have a birth center serving the Plain communities, as well as a small English practice. Obviously, I'm not looking for an apprenticeship, but I'd love to connect with you. Are you networked with other Ohio midwives? How about OMA?

Warmly, Tricia Spears

419-681-6765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbie Boyd View Post

Hello,

I am a homebirth midwife with a very small practice. I am looking for someone who would be interested in either assisting or apprenticing in the mid/eastern Ohio area.

If interested you can call me 1-330-236-3361,

Thanks,

Bobbie Boyd

#6 of 12 Old 04-02-2012, 02:29 PM

I saw this post and the replys and thought maybe some of you that are practicing in Ohio could help me with information.

I live in Canton, and hour from Cleveland and would like to find a midwife near my area or that would be willing to travel to my area/home for a home birth. It has been difficult finding someone. I am not currently pregnant, because I can't find a midwife. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Tammy

#7 of 12 Old 04-02-2012, 04:14 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Post in FYT (finding your Tribe)...  if I remember correctly there are several discussion about options in that thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carvertmmy View Post

I saw this post and the replys and thought maybe some of you that are practicing in Ohio could help me with information.

I live in Canton, and hour from Cleveland and would like to find a midwife near my area or that would be willing to travel to my area/home for a home birth. It has been difficult finding someone. I am not currently pregnant, because I can't find a midwife. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Tammy

Mom to J and never-ending , 0/2014 items decluttered, 0/52 crafts crafts completed  crochetsmilie.gif homeschool.gif  reading.gif  modifiedartist.gif

Seeking zen in 2014.  Working on journaling and finding peace this year.  Spending my free time taking J to swimteam

#8 of 12 Old 06-04-2012, 12:52 PM

Tammy, San Hess is near there 330-231-5945.

#9 of 12 Old 06-04-2012, 12:53 PM

Hi Bobby! I thought you were at the birth center? Doing both now?

#10 of 12 Old 09-03-2012, 07:28 PM

Hello Bobbie!

I came across your post online when I was looking for Apprenticeships in Midwifery. Amazing how that works...

May I ask what large city in Ohio you are closest to?

Would there be a cost? Or would the position get compensated for their assistance to you?

I would like to know more about this position, when is the best time to call you? My email is amyeross7@gmail.com. 

Thank you for providing this opportunity,

Amy Ross RN

#11 of 12 Old 09-04-2012, 11:42 AM

Bobbie, 

Are you still looking for an apprentice?  If so, is 2 hour drive time a too long commute for an apprentice to you?  I am in Columbus and am starting to look for apprentice opportunities.  I am currently studying with a CPM preceptor while doing my coursework with NCM.  She already has an apprentice and one in line after that.  I would like to start right away, as I'm getting closer to my book work being done.  I currently act as a birth doula.  You can see my website and a bit more about me at lorahartbirthdoula.yolasite.com.  I also run a community outreach program that provides free doula care to teens, along with referrals & support for other needs.  That site is MySistersHand.org.  If you are interested in talking with me about any of this, or if you think 2 hours notice isn't a problem, I'd be willing to do it & would love to talk with you.  I can be reached at 614.704.3993.  Thanks so much.  Lora Hart

#12 of 12 Old 09-05-2012, 07:47 AM

Hi Bobbie winky.gif

Tammy, I am a homebirth midwife in Cleveland, but I do travel to Canton. You can call me at 440.342.0251 if you want to chat.

Angie

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page