Is there any such thing as "getting a job" as a CPM? - Mothering Forums
Midwives > Is there any such thing as "getting a job" as a CPM?
patty_g's Avatar patty_g 09:33 AM 03-17-2011

I am working towards taking the NARM in August 2011.  I would love to work with a group of established midwives or in a birthcenter somewhere for at least a year or more.  Technically I guess I could just go out and start advertising and taking on clients on my own once I get my CPM but I feel like it would be so much more beneficial for everyone to work in a group setting/practice and have that community feel.  But I don't know if that's even a practical idea.  Do practices/birth centers even advertise or hire new CPMs? 

rebirth's Avatar rebirth 02:40 PM 03-17-2011

http://www.birthcenters.org/jobs/ 
yes, check here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty_g View Post

I am working towards taking the NARM in August 2011.  I would love to work with a group of established midwives or in a birthcenter somewhere for at least a year or more.  Technically I guess I could just go out and start advertising and taking on clients on my own once I get my CPM but I feel like it would be so much more beneficial for everyone to work in a group setting/practice and have that community feel.  But I don't know if that's even a practical idea.  Do practices/birth centers even advertise or hire new CPMs? 

patty_g's Avatar patty_g 02:42 PM 03-17-2011

Thanks! 

Peppamint's Avatar Peppamint 04:21 PM 03-26-2011

I know someone looking for a CPM to join her practice as an employee (sharing call, etc).  If there anyone here who is a CPM and interested in working at a birth center in Utah, lmk and I will give you her contact info.  You would be required to become licensed.

Up