Is there any such thing as "getting a job" as a CPM? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-17-2011, 08:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am working towards taking the NARM in August 2011.  I would love to work with a group of established midwives or in a birthcenter somewhere for at least a year or more.  Technically I guess I could just go out and start advertising and taking on clients on my own once I get my CPM but I feel like it would be so much more beneficial for everyone to work in a group setting/practice and have that community feel.  But I don't know if that's even a practical idea.  Do practices/birth centers even advertise or hire new CPMs? 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 03-17-2011, 01:40 PM

http://www.birthcenters.org/jobs/ 
yes, check here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty_g View Post

I am working towards taking the NARM in August 2011.  I would love to work with a group of established midwives or in a birthcenter somewhere for at least a year or more.  Technically I guess I could just go out and start advertising and taking on clients on my own once I get my CPM but I feel like it would be so much more beneficial for everyone to work in a group setting/practice and have that community feel.  But I don't know if that's even a practical idea.  Do practices/birth centers even advertise or hire new CPMs? 

Mama to bftoddler.gifand belly.gif

#3 of 4 Old 03-17-2011, 01:42 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks! 

#4 of 4 Old 03-26-2011, 03:21 PM

I know someone looking for a CPM to join her practice as an employee (sharing call, etc).  If there anyone here who is a CPM and interested in working at a birth center in Utah, lmk and I will give you her contact info.  You would be required to become licensed.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page