Florida Midwife Schools - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-21-2011, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of, or has any knowledge of the  International Institute for Health Care Professionals in Boca Raton (Palm Beach County), FL. I stumbled across their website last night while doing some research on midwifery within the State of Florida. I found about their Midwife program via the Florida Department of Health Website. They had a temporary accreditation granted to them in 2008 and from my previous collegiate ventures (BA & MPA) I know accreditation can be extensive and lengthy. However, the State's website hasn't been updated since 12/08. I can't find much other information about the program on the interwebz and the same goes for the International Midwifery School in Miami.

Information on the Florida Traditional Midwifery School in Gainesville is plentiful, but not so much for the other 3 or 4 (?) schools within the State. I'm strongly considering attending school but want to stay within Florida. I'm also not a good fit for at home study programs, I thrive in an academic setting. Gainesville so far has the biggest draw as I could go to UF for an MPH in Maternal & Child Health as well. I have a passion for governance and advocacy and am wanting to possibly focus more on legislative work and policy change. 

Anywho, any information would be greatly appreciated! :)

first time mama-to-be, due sometime in the last half of october. avid smart ass, trivia player, roller derby official, aspiring political hack, and android addict.

User Tag List