please delete this post :) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 10-01-2011, 07:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My husband and I hired 2 midwives for my upcoming HBAC in January. Well, their communication is horrible. The one never called/emailed me back when I contacted her and I politely voiced my concern and she decided to bail on us and go out of the country instead (she said a higher power was working) Anyway, so we were left with this other midwife who is going through some personal issues and is rarely available and I really do need a midwife who is 100% there for us (not too much to ask, right?) I am no longer comfortable with this midwife and am looking to hire different set of midwives. My question-I am in Northeast Iowa but there are no other midwives available in my area so I am hoping there is a midwife out there, maybe out of state who is willing to travel and support us in our journey to HBAC. If I were more educated I would go unassisted but I don't think that's a wise decision with my birth history.

Haven't given up hope yet!

#2 of 8 Old 10-01-2011, 04:02 PM

Would you be willing to come to the Des Monies area and do a hotel birth?  My HBAC midwife in Des Moines has done this for more than a few families now.  The hotel that she usually works at has "suites" that are two stories, not attached to anyone else's room, and not too pricey.  Message me if you want more details....

#3 of 8 Old 10-02-2011, 05:22 PM

Hi, 

I'm a midwife in NE Iowa and would be interested to know where you live and if there is anyway I could help out...

#4 of 8 Old 10-06-2011, 12:01 AM

That sounds INCREDIBLY unsanitary.  I really hope you are joking.

#5 of 8 Old 10-06-2011, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KmAndrews View Post

That sounds INCREDIBLY unsanitary.  I really hope you are joking.

I assume you are referring to the hotel birth? While I understand why you might think that, it is sometimes the only option for women who are being denied the right to vbac in their own cities. Their other option is surgery that they don't need or want. Furthermore, I'm not sure I'd classify a hospital L&D room as particularly "sanitary" either.

Fledgling midwife on hiatus, Wife to B, mama to C (c/s ribboncesarean.gif 12/04) and S hbac.gif (12/07), angel3.gif m/c (3/12) and expecting another bean 6/13 stork-suprise.gif.

#6 of 8 Old 10-07-2011, 02:46 PM

"Unsanitary?"

While no one would pick a hotel birth as their favorite choice, it is a good option in many situations.  There are quite a few times when a family has needed to find a way to have their birth away from home.  One makes the best of it: I would think being sanitary could be addressed well enough with a few measures taken.  For homebirths in general, a lot of homes or birth visitors could be somewhat unsanitary as well, sometimes well-addressed and sometimes not so well.

ME&treehugger.gifHE... loving our: wild.gifdd(18) ~~violin.gifds(13) read.gifdd(13)~~ peace.gifdd(10)

#7 of 8 Old 10-07-2011, 03:05 PM

You can make hotel births completely sanitary. I think its weird that there are three people posting in this thread all as their very first post.
WildDoula likes this.

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#8 of 8 Old 10-07-2011, 07:57 PM

Well, I know I would sure take a well cleaned hotel room over a hospital if I had to choose.

Wife to Mark, Momma to Matt & Bryan : Joe & Jonathan - Labor Doula

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page