Multiple Homebirth Fee - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-05-2011, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am wondering how you charge for twin/triplet prenatal, births, and postpartum care at home. Do you charge double for twins and triple for triplets? What does this fee pay for that would be different from a singleton birth?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2011, 06:41 PM - Thread Starter

Ladies (Gentlemen), I know that you've got to know how much you charge. Even if you don't catch babies for the money, but because it is your passion, I realize that a mutual transfer of energy is important. Your replies will be SO appreciated. Thank you.

Old 11-09-2011, 11:19 AM

I've never attended multiples, so I'm not sure what the standard is. What I think I'd do is charge my regular rate, plus whatever the additional cost is for me to bring in extra midwives for the birth (since you need more help at a twin birth then you do at a singleton). Hope you get some more replies!

Christa
Old 11-09-2011, 11:41 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I think in many locations the price is higher for multiples, but not double for twins/triple for triplets. The price would be higher because of needing to pay for additional attendants at the birth..... exactly how much higher would depend on the midwife and the cost of paying additional midwives to help (and that can vary HUGELY based on region of the country).

Erika, mama to three beautiful kids (plus one gestating), and wife to one fantastic man.

User Tag List