Looking for a midwife (or doctor) to for natural, non-intervention style birth of twins in Tallahassee, FL - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 11-19-2011, 05:47 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

At 18+ weeks, we found out yesterday that we're having twins! We are very excited, unfortunately, our midwife doesn't deliver babies medically classified as (high risk).  She recommended some other professionals, some of whom are midwives that work with doctors in a hospital setting, but I've not been impressed so far.  Does anyone know of a midwife or doctor is willing to let my body do what it was made to do, not pressure me to allow things I don't really want and not interfere without good reason?  I live in Tallahassee, FL, but I'm willing to travel a few hours if needed.

#2 of 2 Old 11-27-2011, 08:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I recommend that you contact the other practicing homebirth midwives in your area and the doulas, too.  Ask them if they know of anyone who will support you in having a vaginal twin birth.  Unfortunately, in Florida, there are no licensed midwives who can legally assist you with a twin homebirth.  That does not mean there are no licensed midwives who will not help you, though.  You may have to travel south or out of this state...not just for the birth, but for a consultation, too.  No licensed midwife in Florida will tell you over the phone that she catches twins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubryholman View Post

At 18+ weeks, we found out yesterday that we're having twins! We are very excited, unfortunately, our midwife doesn't deliver babies medically classified as (high risk).  She recommended some other professionals, some of whom are midwives that work with doctors in a hospital setting, but I've not been impressed so far.  Does anyone know of a midwife or doctor is willing to let my body do what it was made to do, not pressure me to allow things I don't really want and not interfere without good reason?  I live in Tallahassee, FL, but I'm willing to travel a few hours if needed.

Sprat , Certified Professional Midwife, loved very much by Sprig , the most open-minded, loving, gentle man in the world, little Sprout and now someone new! on begins with .

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page