My vision- need your help - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 01-05-2012, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello All.

I have been thinking about being a midwife since the birth of my daughter in 2005. Being a midwife as always called to me, even as a young child. Today, I relised that I will not be happy, truly happy, with any other profession that I choose. I was ment for this. It is my passion. I think about it day and night and study birth almost non stop. Ive decided to step up, and stop waiting around. Im going to be a Midwife.

I have a few questions that I was hoping someone could answer for me. Please, forgive me if they dont sound very smart. There is alot I wish to know- and I have no idea where to get started. I need a few simple, easy to understand instructions/steps.

1) So I want to be a midwife. Where do i start? I know that I want the option of being an 'on call' midwife ( not sure what the correct term would be ). I would like to have the option of working alone, in families homes without HAVING to work out of a birthing center/hospital.

So, I ask again- where would i start?

Step by step- what do i need to do as far as school and everything education? ( as well as steps afterwards.)

Any information would be very greatly appreciated.  Thanks for your time!

PS: Wishing to become a CPM in the state of Georgia.

PSS: Since im more of the 'alternative' type (more hands off, less interferance during birth, use of herbs ect ), and the fact that I want to practice in homes, it seems that a direct entry program will be the way to go for me. How do i go about doing this? Can it be done online? Does anyone know if the state of Georgia allows this?

novaxnocirc.gif   lactivist.gif   gd.gif  uc.jpg  femalesling.GIF cd.gif    modifiedartist.gif    read.gif    

Magickal Mama to DD (6) & DS (3). Soul mate to DH. 

#2 of 2 Old 01-05-2012, 07:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

In response to my last question about legality in my state of Georgia- I did some research and found this:

http://mana.org/statechart.html

and then this...

http://cfmidwifery.org/states/states.aspx?ST=GA

mecry.gifmecry.gifmecry.gif  This makes me very sad. My calling is crippled here.

Ugh...really thinking about moving to Flordia...

novaxnocirc.gif   lactivist.gif   gd.gif  uc.jpg  femalesling.GIF cd.gif    modifiedartist.gif    read.gif    

Magickal Mama to DD (6) & DS (3). Soul mate to DH. 

Tags
Midwifery Students

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page