Looking for a Midwife in Louisville, KY - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 01-21-2012, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We want a water birth at home. I'm 2 months pregnant, and have been searching for a midwife for awhile now with no success :-/  I have had 2 uncomplicated pregnancies and deliveries already. Please help!

#2 of 4 Old 01-21-2012, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter

Forgot to add my contact info......

scurtis1983@gmail.com

502-593-2495 leave a message

#3 of 4 Old 01-21-2012, 06:48 PM

Hi, and congratulations!

Here is some information on midwives and doulas in Louisville http://www.birthcarenetwork.com/midwives.html
I highly recommend Aundria, she is a personal friend of mine. She also knows a couple of other midwives that are not listed here. Some of the midwives listed do not do homebirths, but Aundria does. I know that there are at least three other practicing midwives in Louisville that will do home/water births and Im not sure why they arent listed.

Also, if you have been looking for two months and havent found anyone, I just want to mention that Mama's Hip is a great resource for finding out about things like doulas and midwives in Louisville. Shannon runs a fantastic attachment parenting store and is full of great information that you may find useful. She hosts natural childbirth classes, playgroups, and even a new moms group with a lactation consultant for after the baby is born. http://www.mamas-hip.com/

Good luck, and also here is a link to our spot in Finding Your Tribe (I live pretty close to Louisville too):
http://www.mothering.com/community/f/79/virginia-west-virginia-kentucky

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#4 of 4 Old 01-21-2012, 10:42 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you do much for your prompt response and helpful information! This forum has been helpful in just this one day! I will look into the links you gave me! :)

Tags
Choosing A Midwife

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page