Midwife in La Canada California?? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-06-2012, 09:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We are having an ultra-difficult time finding a nearby midwife who accepts my insurance. The only "in-netowrk" one I've found is almost 2 hours away ONE WAY which I think is beyond unacceptable.

We found one that we LOVED, but we had a problem: Hubby got scared and I felt like I was being forced into a hospital birth. We cancelled the midwife (who only charged $4500!) and a few weeks later, after I heavily researched hospital versus home birth, I was able to convince him home birth was safer for us. Then, I found out our midwife was unable to accept us because she was slam-packed!

We found a second midwife who is giving up 2 weeks to decide whether or not to use her, but she's twice the cost of midwife 1. Both midwives use a billing service that basically hacks into my insurance to get them to pay as much as possible, but we can't check midwife #2 until the service cancels our check with midwife #1.

For now, we're seeing an OBGYN who I HATE (due to my traumatizing past with GYNs). I have NOT had any internal exams, including transvaginal ultrasounds) in 3+ years due to an informed decision I've made through research.

We waited until I was 12-ish weeks along before seeing anyone. But the DR is going ot induce us at 40 weeks whether or not there's a problem which I do NOT agree to, but he's said I can take it or leave.

So, are there any midwives in the La Canada area who accept United Healthcare PPO?? The DR said I'm due in late September, but I'm thinking early October, like around the 3rd. I'm 15 weeks on Sunday.

Tags
Choosing A Midwife
User Tag List