Midwife preceptor in Denver Metro area - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-02-2012, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi there,

I am an aspiring midwife and I am looking for a midwife that can be my preceptor for my training. Does anyone have any leads? I also heard that there is a group of aspiring midwives that meets in Denver. Does anyone know any details? I am looking for any direct suggestions outside of the general "just do your networking" advice. Thanks a lot.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 08-02-2012, 05:01 PM

I went to an aspiring midwife's tea a month or so ago hosted by Sena Johnson in Lakewood. I feeling is that it's difficult to find a preceptor in Denver. There is need, but few are taking apprentices. Sena is offer a class beginning in September for aspiring midwives. She does have students, but I don't know if she is actively looking right now. But, the class could get you an "in" with her or possibly some good contacts. I'm still deciding if I'm going to take it, as I'm pregnant and expecting in March, and would have to miss some sessions. On top of keeping up with the studying. Anyway, here is her website if you want to check it out: http://www.denvermidwife.com/aspiring_midwives/class_syllabus

I just looked and the next tea is this Saturday - Aug 4. I'd contact her right away if you're interested as she has a worksheet for you to fill out before the info session. Even if you're not interested in the class, it is a great way to pick the brain of an experience Denver midwife regarding opportunities. Her main goal is to get more midwives in Denver, not to get enrollment for her class.

As for the group, I haven't heard of them, but you might join the CMA. I have an appointment with my midwife tomorrow & I'll see if she knows of anything. If you ever want to meet and "brainstorm" let me know. I'm down in Parker, but can drive winky.gif. Good luck!

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

#3 of 3 Old 08-02-2012, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks a lot, that was very helpful!

Tags
Direct Entry Midwife , Midwifery Students , Midwives

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page