looking for a great Midwife in OKC - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-12-2012, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi Ladies, Im lucky to live where we have CNM and CPM. Last pregnacny I used OU Midwifes and had a natural delivery at the   hospital. Im wanting a home birth this time around. I know of two Midwifery clinics In the OKC area. If youre from this area and have expriance with the Midwifes can you share with me?

Who you used? How was your prenatal care and delivery? any suggestions for me?

This will be my third child.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2012, 05:44 PM

First, I am so happy to see this post!! I grew up in Edmond (headed back for a visit this week) and it makes me happy to see that the idea of home birth is growing positively there!

I have a FB friend who is a doula in OKC. I'll ask her if she has any recommendations. She prefers UC birth personally, but I think she's had midwives before as well. Good luck!

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

Old 11-13-2012, 11:25 AM - Thread Starter

I grew up in Edmond too!! Not like it used to be. I live in the city now and love it. I will be looking forward to hear back about the recomendations.

Thanks!!

Old 11-16-2012, 07:40 AM

What a small world! I'm actually in town right now visiting and it's beautiful weather. It's nice to let DS play outside for awhile without dealing with the snow.

I heard back from my friend, and here is what she sent:

Anne Coffee (Hands of Grace Midwifery Services), Margarett Scott (Heaven Sent Birth Services), Community Midwifery Services, LLC (in Norman), Susan Smartt (Smartt Birth Services<---I think!), Camarell Anderson (Babylady Midwifery/Birth Services--she's in duncan but she will drive to OKC and she is the only one that barters, I believe).

Hopefully that helps. Good luck!

Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam (5/10) nocirc.gif &  Darcy (2/13). homebirth.jpg waterbirth.jpgNew SAHM & Labor Doula.

babygirl.gif Welcome baby girl! Born at home, in the water, in the caul, and caught by daddy. February 24, 2013!  babygirl.gif

Old 11-30-2012, 11:42 PM

Anne Coffee (Hands of Grace Midwifery Services), Margarett Scott (Heaven Sent Birth Services)

Those would be my recommendations.  

Heather
Wife + Homeschooling Mama to 4 + Midwife

Old 12-01-2012, 07:25 AM - Thread Starter

I met Margrett and I'm going to meet Susan today. I liked Margrett a lot. Susan will come to your house for prenatal visits. Love that! Could be a tough decision.

Tags
Choosing A Midwife
User Tag List