Has anyone used Sarah Bay, CNM in NH? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 12-21-2012, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Trying to see if anyone has used or knows someone who worked with Sarah Bay, CNM out of NH? Interested in hearing how it went, would you use her again, etc. Thanks much!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 12-26-2012, 09:32 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)

Welcome to MDC. Anyone have a recommendation to share?

#3 of 3 Old 07-07-2015, 05:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bay- Midwife

Hi there
The response is a little late but I'd be happy to share my experience.
I should preface with the fact that I had my first child in a typical hospital setting. I felt stripped of my decision making ability and treated poorly when I expressed my desire for a natural birth.
This led me to look for a completely different experience with #2 . Sarah was like a breath of fresh air. She respected me, took her time to talk through decisions and always made it clear what her professional recommendations were but that ultimately it was my birth. Because of this respect, I trusted her so much. She encouraged me to let my body do what it was designed to do without unnecessary intervention and that was truly all I was looking for in a provider. Our visits were enjoyable and I think one of my favorite things was the lack of rigidity. With my 1st, they'd have a heart attack if I had to reschedule and didn't come exactly when I was supposed to. With Sarah, everything was going smoothly so there was no sense of urgency or stress with scheduling visits. I honestly believe that, as a result, my daughter's birth couldn't have been more efficient or successful. 49 hours and forceps with my son in a hospital and a 4 hour natural birth with Sarah for my daughter. I can't know for sure how things may have been different but I will be seeing her again for #3 (whenever that happens!). Hope this helps.

Tags
Choosing A Midwife , Midwives

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page