Denver midwife Apprenticeship/mentorship/guidance - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 02-21-2014, 12:12 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My name is Cait and I am 24. I attended 3+ years flip flopping majors from Sociology to Anthopology to Writing again and again. I then found out I was expecting and immediately started researching my birth options and what was truly best for myself and my child-- midwives! At home! Love!

Why had I never heard of this before!? I expressed to my high school counselor when I was younger how I wanted to deliver babies but he answered saying, "you want to be a doctor? You don't have good enough grades in math and science to do that" and so I was slid away from my path for awhile. It all happens for a reason.

So during my pregnancy and birth and thereafter, I have been studying pretty much everything I can get my hands on along with helping friends to make informed decisions. All of then told me that I would make an amazing midwife because of my loving nature and truth. My friend who just birthed yesterday said, "You were a better midwife than my midwife was".

I feel as though all of this has put me in a good position to partake in an apprenticeship/mentorship/guidance situation with a homebirth/birth center midwife. I am very eager to start observing a midwife and shadowing her so I can learn some more hands on practice. I have a 10 month old and I have read how it can be difficult pursuing this passion with young children so I feel the most comfortable with a situation where I can bring my son along with me to prenatals and possibly births. I know that those allowing for those scenarios are few and far between but I figure the universe will bring to me whatever is on my path in the timely manner that it is supposed to be.

So, I am sending the energy out in the hopes that the woman/women that are supposed to help guide me and whom I am supposed to learn from and grow with see this and feel the same.

Denver and the surrounding areas.

Peace love beauty light and magic.

Tags
Midwives , Midwifery Students , Direct Entry Midwife

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page