Midwifery In Demand, Financially Sustainable? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 1 Old 10-25-2015, 07:27 AM - Thread Starter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Midwifery In Demand, Financially Sustainable?

A general question to everyone here about whether or not I should become a midwife (CPM) or get my Master's in Nutrition.

Is there a growing demand for CPM-led care?

For mothers - is it hard to find an available midwife?

For midwives - do you feel midwifery can sustain a one-income family (with two young kids) at an adequate cost of living? I am (extremely) frugal and good at finances. The consistency of the pay checks is what scares me the most.

My biggest fear is getting the master's degree and not being able to use it. I'm sure many graduates can relate!

Thank you you all for reading...and hopefully commenting! Plan right now is to attend Bastyr University, WA and settle down near my sister's in Elk Grove, CA. I am transitioning out of the US Navy in three months and still trying to get a handle on the plan. Seems like life keeps nudging me in different directions.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page