I am looking for a Doula near Clermont, FL - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-10-2012, 09:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi! OK, so I am due October 17, 2012 and I know that it is a little late to be looking for a Douala but I am not completely comfortable with my OB and I was talking with some of my friends about my issues and they suggested that I find a Douala to help me through the rest of my pregnancy. This is mine and my husbands first baby and we don't know what to expect nor what we should do. I do not have a lot of money to pay but I am sure that I could do something if someone would be willing to help us out so late. I am planning on laboring at Winnie Palmer in Orlando (mostly because I am not what else I should do). I am so confused and lost on what I should be doing to make this go good for our baby and I am scared of the whole labor process.

Thank You!!

#2 of 3 Old 09-11-2012, 09:37 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)

I would look for a volunteer doula.  Sometimes women who are new to it and working on certification will work for free or a low-fee.  One way to find new doulas is through instructors.  If you can find someone who teaches a class somewhere near you, you could ask them if any of their recent students would be interested.  You could find a teacher by googling doula training or look at dona.org for their class schedule.  They normally have contact info for the teachers on there.  Good luck and congratulations on the new addition to your family!

Married to a wonderful woman since 2010. Baby boy C arrived in June 2013!

Check out our User Agreement.
#3 of 3 Old 09-12-2012, 06:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

hello my name is teresa, and i am a new certified doula and i am looking for clients to help build my experience and portofolio.  I am a mother of 6, 2 step daughters and four of mine own and 4 granddaughters.  i would be happy to talk to you and work out something if we connect.  i would want you to feel completely comfortable, especially if you are already feeling uncomfortable with your o.b.   I m pursueing this avenue because i have a passion for it. i believe pregnancy and labor are a beautiful process and if done with confidence can be beautiful for everyone.   just message here.  good luck.

Tags
Doula Training , Doula Students , Doula

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page