Soft fit breast pump cups not recommended? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 11-09-2012, 10:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I just heard from a client that the lactation consultant she went to did not recommend the soft fit cups for her breast pump. Since I have always recommended these, I looked for information that would explain why this trained, certified lactation consultant would say that, but found nothing. Ideas? Evidence?

Mom of three spunktastic kiddos, supported by super-partner while dabbling in midwifery and organic farming. Biting off more than I can chew since '03.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 11-17-2012, 08:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I dunno. Maybe it has to do with the size? You know if the shields fit, if the nipple can move easily in and out. It could also be that the soft cups might not be too good suction-wise? And again, it has to do with fit.

#3 of 3 Old 11-17-2012, 09:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm not very familiar with these--but is there a particular reason why you were recommending them?

Tags
Doula

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page