Aspiring doula seeking more info on BAI - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 12-20-2012, 12:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm looking into becoming a birth doula and I like what I've heard about BAI the most. I was wondering if anyone has more info on the actual course. I also noticed on the recommended reading list, it is recommended you read the second edition of one of the books although a third has been out for a few years. It just seemed strange to me. Thanks in advance for any info!

#2 of 6 Old 12-21-2012, 04:11 PM

I love the program. The birth list on the site may be out of date, but the one is the course is newer, you can read the newer addition, I did for one.

midnightmommy likes this.
#3 of 6 Old 12-21-2012, 04:27 PM

Another BAI student here! I would bet you anything that it was simply missed the last time the sample list was edited. The last I knew the entire list was not actual published. It is probably current, and if it's not you can send an email to Demetria. She will probably tell you to read the newest version...unless there is a specific reason that the older version is on there.

Mama to Gabe 8-03 and Cyan 5-09
#4 of 6 Old 12-21-2012, 08:36 PM

I an studying with BAI as well. I love it. I live in Wy so am doing the online course work. You can print out the entire class and go at your own pace. We have facebook pages and everyone is more than willing to help you.

I believe the current list ( that you see online) is out of date. There have been some changes made to the whole book list. =)

Email Demetria Clark and she can answer all your questions. =)

#5 of 6 Old 12-22-2012, 11:16 AM

I attended a doula workshop locally this past May. Loved it! My trainer was awesome and the other women there were wonderful. I am very impressed with the quality and rigor of the BAI certification program as well. Definitely contact Demetria with specific questions. :-)

nak.gifLyn  ~~  Doula, Midwifery student homebirth.jpg, blended family mom of 6 grouphug.gif, grandma of 1, and wife of an amazing & generous man love.gif
#6 of 6 Old 12-24-2012, 01:05 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the info, everyone! I may email Demetria once the new year arrives. As for the books, I just wanted to make sure that the list not being up to date didn't mean that BAI wasn't still up and going strong.

Tags
Doula Programs , Doula Training

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page