Doula and Childbirth Educator in Wilmington, NC - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-13-2013, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello all! I am a Doula and a Childbirth Educator living in Wilmington, NC. I specialize in teen pregnancy and offer free services to teens. Here is a little bit about me and why I decided to be a doula:

I was a Doula for the first time for my best friend and I LOVED it! It was an energizing and awe inspiring experience; second only to my experience in labor. It is a  precious gift to witness a woman in all her glory, bring a life into this world and an honor to support her while she does it.
          I have four children and had four very different births. Each one came with its own lessons. My first birth taught me that I am not happy with having someone "manage" my labor for me and that I needed to be the one in control of my labor. My second birth taught me that I can birth a baby naturally and in my own way without pain medicine and without someone dictating when and how to push. My third and somewhat traumatic birth taught me that I can make it through the dark valleys even when I feel like giving up and that even the best laid plans are subject to nature. My fourth and very healing homebirth taught me to release my "inner monkey"(See Ina May Gaskin's Birth Matters) and welcome the contractions instead of fearing how powerful they could be and fearing a repeat of my previous labor. It taught me to use what I had once perceived as pain, as a tool to open myself up and to have complete faith in my body to do what God built to do. It was a life changing experience that has shown me that my true power lies not in all the great things that I may do but in how I will make it through the times when I feel like I can go no further.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 04-16-2013, 03:23 PM

Have you joined Cape Fear Area Doulas? New members are welcome to join any time of the year. :)

http://capefearareadoulas.org

#3 of 3 Old 04-17-2013, 08:46 PM - Thread Starter

No, I hadn't heard of them. I will check it out. Thanks :)

Tags
Doula

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page