Hello! New To The Doula Forum! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-24-2013, 02:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi! I was an active member here on Mothering for a while a couple of years ago then I quit reading for a while... I decided to try it out again. :) 

I am a birth doula through Birth Arts International. My husband is in the Army, and we are stationed in Fort Irwin, CA. It is in the middle of the Mojave desert, and I'm the only doula around for about 80 miles. Unfortunately that doesn't mean that I get a bunch of business! :( People here just don't seem to want or think they need a doula. I get some business, but not enough to sustain any kind of good income. I'm just glad that I don't have to do this as our primary income source.

We have 4 kids, Meadow is 6, Lily is 4, Sage is 3, and Andrew is 19 months. They keep me busy for sure! I am also finishing my bachelors degree in educational studies then I hope to complete Lamaze CBE training to become a certified CBE.

It's nice to be here! hola.gif

treehugger.gifAngie(25) Birth Doula and wife to Army man Bob(25), mommy to...dust.gifMeadow Shae(6),energy.gifLily Rain(4)homebirth.jpg, and joy.gif Sage Ashlyn(3). jog.gifAndrew Houston(9/3/11)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 05-09-2013, 10:38 PM

Mentioned: 191 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)

Bumping...anyone else want to chime in??!!smile.gif

#3 of 3 Old 05-09-2013, 11:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Welcome to the Birth Professionals forums!

How was your Birth Arts training? I got to look at their workbook recently and it looked pretty good.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
14yo ds   11yo dd  9yo ds and 7yo ds and 2yo ds  

Tags
Doula

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page