BAI and CBI -Doula Certification - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-03-2013, 05:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello everyone! I've been looking into certifying to be a labor doula (and possibly postpartum, and CBE as well). I think I've narrowed it down to BAI and CBI.

I really like that BAI teaches from the Wise Woman tradition, and that they see birth as a transition from womanhood to motherhood. I am just unsure as to how well the courses are organized, what material they cover, and what exactly I would do in the workbook or other assignments? Also, do you get a mentor assigned to you (like you do in CBI)?

I've heard great things about CBI and have read the syllabus, so I know that the three segments are Communication, Physiology in Birth, and Birth Doula Skills. I really like how the website and syllabus are organized, so I think I can assume the workbooks will also be well organized. What I wonder about CBI is how natural or into the Wise Woman tradition they are? I like the idea of learning natural remedies and the like. Also any more info about the material discussed, and assignments required is always helpful. :)

Thank you for any help. :)

#2 of 4 Old 05-08-2013, 04:59 AM
Administrator

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)

Bumping up for input. Anyone?

#3 of 4 Old 05-09-2013, 11:56 AM

CBI is open to any methods.  They don't go into any one particular method in depth, but you can always get additional books geared especially towards aromatherapy or something like that if you want to learn more.

I am with CBI and for the most part I do like it.  I like that I have an unlimited time to complete things and it's all at my own pace.  The material is very in depth and my trainers are very quick to respond to all my assignments or anything I have questions on.

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

#4 of 4 Old 04-09-2014, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you!

Tags
Doula , Doula Students , Doula Training , Doula Programs

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page