#1 of 1
06-23-2014, 04:04 PM
- Thread Starter
Join Date: Jun 2014
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Becoming a doula
I'm in the middle of college and am researching becoming a doula. I have a few questions and would love to hear from you!
1. I still have 2 years of college left. Do you think getting certified while in school is a viable option?
2. Could I do doula work in summer between school years?
3. What did you like (or not like) with CBI's training? So far it looks like my best option.
4. I'd like to start off just with doula work. With the business management degree I'm getting, could I have a part time job, do doula work, and make a living?
5. Are any of you single without kids? How does this affect people's perception of your capabilities?
6. Anyone know the going rate for doula work in the Bay Area?
7. Do most doulas offer massages?
8. Do you have any specific book (or other) suggestions for me? ANything related to doula work would be much appreciated!
Thank you in advance for helping me learn. If you can answer any of these questions I would very much appreciate it!