DONA or Childbirth International? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 06-24-2014, 12:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DONA or Childbirth International?

Ive been desperately looking for answers on how to become a doula. Ive always had a fascination with childbirth and my life dream would have been to become a midwife but as life hit me and i started a family of my own, I no longer have the time or money to do so. My son was delivered by a midwife and I absolutely loved it. I have attended 4 births (one more coming in feb). I love being the support for a mother. I have seen 2 schools online, Dona and childbirth international. It seems that Dona is more extensive and expensive. Is having a certification from Childbirth International just as accepting in society as Dona?? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 06-24-2014, 01:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Cbi

I'm considering using CBI! I was all set to do DONA, but CBI is more flexible with timelines, and you don't have to renew your membership. They have their birth doula education syllabus online and I was very impressed. You can look at it here: http://www.childbirthinternational.c...irth_doula.pdf

I too would love to know if any certification is more accepted/respected than others!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page