New Pregnancy class give-aways...need ideas! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 06-04-2011, 05:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm starting up a Nearly / Newly Pregnant class in a few weeks and have already offered up 'free gifts' in the ads for it. So now, uh, I need to come up with said gifts! I have a big fold out thing that has the growing life-sized baby depictions to give them, but that seems like it would come off as lame if it was the only 'real' thing I handed over besides local resource offerings. If I was cool I could make up my own pregnancy tea and give them a sample...but I don't know if I'm that cool (or have that much time and energy to get the goods). Still, that is a good idea, thanks for helping me work out that one. orngtongue.gif

I could use some more ideas....Please! And thanks!

Nicole
#2 of 10 Old 06-04-2011, 02:57 PM

Just curious why you promised free stuff?  The only thing that comes to my mind would be rice socks.  I used to make a rice bag for every doula client I had.  I went to the dollar store and bought a package of 2-3 washclothes for $1 and then bought a bag of rice and sewed them up.  My clients loved them.  Although now in my area several of the hospitals won't allow them in.

Michelle married to my highschool sweetheart and mom to: DD '88, DS '90, DD '91, DD '94, DD '97, DD '98, DD '01, DD '08, and DS'09

(Non-profit Organization Director and Program Coordinator / Doula / Educator / Massage Therapist)

#3 of 10 Old 06-06-2011, 05:38 AM - Thread Starter

Rice socks are a nice idea...thanks! Yeah, I guess I don't know why I offered gifts...because it sounded like a fun idea, and one that might draw in more women, I suppose. It's in the paper now, so I've gotta deliver! ha.

Nicole
#4 of 10 Old 06-06-2011, 06:12 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Traditional Medicinals offers pregnancy teas and lactation ones at a decent price, it's available in grocery stores and I've heard of them sending samples for birth educators to give out.

Other ideas: Massage tools, Preggie Pops (anti nausea naturally flavored lollies, they might send samples too), baby socks and hats, reusable water bottles,

Jewelry: necklace cord with a charm like this http://www.firemountaingems.com/details.asp?PN=H207075FN or http://www.firemountaingems.com/details.asp?PN=H203181FX or something spelled in beads on a bracelet, if you want to bend wire yourself something like these http://www.labelledame.com/pregnancy-jewelry.html

Edit,that pewter one might have 1.5% lead though so something similar in another metal would be ideal.

#5 of 10 Old 06-06-2011, 06:37 AM - Thread Starter

Oh! GREAT ideas!!! The massage tool....for sure! They have them at Michael's for $1 (I should give them to my regular class students, too!). And I LOVE the spiral pregnant belly necklace - fantastic! For me that is. ha. And I've contacted Traditional Medicine - much easier to give away someone else's tea than make my own....nice.

Super thanks! joy.gif

Nicole
#6 of 10 Old 06-14-2011, 04:30 AM

If you're a member of ICEA, Howbility has a "Caring for your Newborn" DVD that they will send to you to give to your clients for free. 

Birth Doula and Childbirth Educator serving Northern VA and the Metro DC area.

#7 of 10 Old 06-15-2011, 01:09 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

You could hit up local businesses for donations. It's low cost advertising for them and you wouldn't have to buy all of the gifts.

I've had good luck with massage places, restaraunts and health food stores.

Midwife (CPM, LDM) and homeschooling mama to:
13yo ds   10yo dd  8yo ds and 6yo ds and 1yo ds  
#8 of 10 Old 06-18-2011, 04:56 PM

if you hit up local businesses you could do some sort of raffle every class with one item. 

cold.gifme + headscratch.gif him and one littlecat.gifPaco the Taco hoping for one of these  makebabe.gifin the near future

#9 of 10 Old 06-27-2011, 02:16 PM

If you e-mail Medela and let them know you are a CBE, they will send you a free box of nursing pads! HTH!! Good luck in your search!

#10 of 10 Old 06-27-2011, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Great ideas everyone - thanks!  I also found some .99 hand fans (you know, the kind that accordian fold into their handles) - not really for the new pregnancy students, but for the later on cbe students. I liked that one, too. Plus your ideas! :)

Nicole

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page