Pelvic Model - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 03-27-2012, 06:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am studying through CBI at the moment and would like to purchase a pelvic model for the purpose of study, but also as a tool for teaching later on.  I know that there are a number of online stores that sell them, but most of those are out of my price-range (for now anyway).  I found a couple on ebay, which seem a lot cheaper, but there must be a reason for that?

I would really appreciate any input on what to look for when purchasing a quality pelvic model?  So far I have (1) make sure it's life-size and (2) those made of resin, with screws are better quality.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 10-04-2012, 09:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know this was from months ago but I thought I would reply anyways : )  I'm also certifying through CBI.  I recently bought a pelvic model off of ebay it was $50 with shipping.  It's really heavy plastic and good quality.  The joints aren't flexible and it's abit smaller than lifesize but I really like it.  I have this doll http://www.weewilliewinks.com/store/WsDefault.asp?One=9  and it fits great.  The doll is all cloth so I think that helps with fitting it through. I plan to make my own placenta.  personally, I think the whole baby, pelvis, placenta set it way overpriced and the baby is a bit weird looking.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page