ALACE or ICEA? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-30-2012, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Which is best?  Ive heard that hospitals only accept lamaze or icea, but i am drawn to the ALACE curriculum.  experiences are appreciated:)

#2 of 5 Old 09-30-2012, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

also, what is the lamaze programs website?  i cant seem to find one

#3 of 5 Old 09-30-2012, 02:39 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
#4 of 5 Old 09-30-2012, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

thank you!  that chart is amazing!

#5 of 5 Old 10-15-2012, 07:32 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello there.

I am dual cert'd with ALACE/IBWP and CAPPA.  Everything about ALACE is awesome, except that it is, sadly, pretty much now defunct.  About three years back ALACE split into two arms:  International Birth and Wellness Project which has seemingly folded as there is no communication with IWBP since shortly after that time, and the other arm is toLabor, which, happily is thriving and awesome as a doula cert'ing org.

So, if you're torn between ICEA and ALACE, your choice has been made for you.  I felt very comfortable going from the midwifery model of care taught via ALACE to CAPPA in terms of philosophy, but gotta be honest with you, neither have given me the referrals that would make my work promoting myself so much less.  

I know ICEA is awesome, but it is not a name around here that any parents would go searching for.  Here it is Bradley.  I do not agree with so much of Bradley, but the brand name recognition should be a consideration when you are looking into your financial future.  Lamaze may be a really solid option for you, it is a recognized name, their resources are exceptional (I use a ton of Lamaze stuff), and they have a pretty rigorous procedure for certification, as I understand it.  Something to be proud of, you know?

That said, I do like CAPPA... good luck with you decisions! 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page