February 2012 Introductions!!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 75 Old 06-23-2011, 11:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Welcome Violet!

Quote:

Also- I would love feedback on hair dye and coffee.  Are any of you still dying your hair?   How much coffee are you all drinking?  

The hair dye question-I was thinking of this myself!  

I will continue to dye my hair (unless I can find some other way!).  While I am only 30, I have a lot of white hair (starting going gray at 20).  I used to use Henna, but after awhile, I just had too much white for it to work.  I also dye my hair darker/redder than it's natural color, so my roots are quite noticeable when my hair grows.  I really would like to not dye my hair, but I don't know what else to do...letting the roots just grow is not an option since I need to maintain a more professional look for work.  

As far as coffee.  I have stopped drinking it for now, but am looking for a good decaf that uses the Swiss Water method, not chemicals, to pull out the caffeine.  

On either issue, looking for input!

Momma to 2 novaxnocirc.gif little boys.

#62 of 75 Old 06-23-2011, 11:28 AM

Violetray - I'm drinking two medium  mugs of 1/2caf /1/2 decaf and that is as low as I can go!  (In fact I spent months getting myself that low!)

Momma2Kai - I don't have any advice about how to get over the guilt but wanted to say that I'm right there with you.  Our kids are close in age and my DD nurses 3-4 times a day, shares my bed, shares everything.  So far I haven't really switched my thinking over to wanting to provide and support both kids (when the baby is here) I'm just focused on how much I'll miss DD when I'm in labor at the hospital, etc...  My source of comfort is that we have plenty of time to adjust, there are two parents in this family, and in the long run DD is going to be really happy to have another person in her family.   Good luck finding some balance.

Partner to DH and mom to DD1 (3/2008) and DD2 (born 1/2012).
#63 of 75 Old 06-23-2011, 07:41 PM
Rin

Hey everyone! I'm 8 weeks. EDD according to ovulation is 2/4/2012. This is number two for us. DS is 3.  We're excited, but I'm still in shock.  With DS I had almost no MS, and with this one I've been walking around in a constant stat of nausea for about two weeks. DH casually mentioned possibly going UC this time around, I'm a bit on the fence with that issue, surprised he mentioned it, but love him for it. I would've suggested it, but thought he'd be against it. :)  Insurance covers both Homebirth and Birth center this time around, so I'm leaning that way. I look foraward to sharing this journey with all of you!

Birth Doula and Owner of an online natural baby boutique. Aspiring to be a Midwife.

Wife to Chef DH, Mom to DS (4/15/08), and DS (2/11/12) joy.gif

cd.gifintactlact.giffuzmalesling.giffamilybed1.gif

#64 of 75 Old 06-24-2011, 10:02 AM

Hi Everyone!

I'm new here.  We are expecting our first bio child around 2/23/12.  We already have 2 wonderful children who we adopted through foster care.  Our daughter is almost 3, and our son just turned 2.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

SAHM to our 2 blessings through adoption!  DD 2 1/2 and DS 2.

#65 of 75 Old 06-25-2011, 08:07 PM

Hi Everyone!

I just found out I was pregnant earlier this week! Today I am 5 weeks along! Me and DH are super excited as it is our first baby!  I am due February 25th! I'm still in the surreal state of mind...wish I could tell people but am going to wait. Told DH on the phone while he was in Tokyo..I couldn't keep it a secret until he got back :)

I knew deep down I was already pregnant for..at least a week or more. My breast swelled up and were very tender..and I was napping like a fiend. I couldn't get enough sleep. I am still taking lots of naps.

Planning on a home birth with a midwife, if all goes as planned. 

I'll be happy when..I'm further along and feel more pregnant.

#66 of 75 Old 07-01-2011, 11:15 PM

To those who feel guilty, I too feel the same. My dd turned 3 in May, and I'm worried how this will change her life. Co-sleep, nursing, etc...

Hair dye  - LUSH HENNA. That is all. Try it. 

Coffee - I've gone from 3-5 cups full caffeinated down to 3-5 cups decaf. I had 2 Pepsis tonight, (the Retro kind, with sugar instead of HFCS) and that's why I'm wide awake at 210 am!

By the way - HELLO! This is my 2nd child, and an "oops" - or rather, a "I didn't pay as close attention to my cycle as I should have". We use Fertility Awareness Method. I have wanted a second baby for a while now, but my husband didn't think we were ready. My husband is NOT thrilled. It's hard to be excited when your partner won't even discuss it with you, unless in a negative fashion. grr.

We just bought our first place, too - a 2 bedroom apartment condo. We move at the end of August. We actually signed for it before I found out I was pregnant, so we'll see how that works. The second bedroom was supposed to be shared between my husband's office and my daughter's room (she co-sleeps right now) but not sure if that will work, now. I guess it will work for the first year or so, since I plan on having the babe sleep in-room with us, if not in-bed. Not enough room in our queen size for my husband, daughter, and I, let alone another baby!!! Good thing the dog sleeps on the floor. ha.

Oh yeah...due Feb 26. Leap year baby maybe? Although my daughter was early, so what are the chances of the 2nd being early as well?

Are 2nd babies usually easier/faster labour and delivery?  My first was hellish. That's all I'm going to say.

Rebecca, mother of one beautiful girl born May 9, 2008, wife to Ben since June 30, 2007, and angel1.gif July 9, 2011.

#67 of 75 Old 07-02-2011, 07:14 AM

I joined the Jan. board too, but just this week I had a dating ultrasound and found out I'm actually due Feb. 3rd. This will be my 5th child. All mine have been 1 day to 4 weeks early so I'm kind of thinking I'll have an end of Jan. baby. We won't be finding out the sex. I'm hoping to have a home water birth. My first was born in the hospital and my other three at home. Two were water births and another was going to be, but my labor was too fast and the water didn't have time to get warm enough.

I still drink 1 to 2 cups of coffee a day. My oldest is only 5 1/2 and youngest is 10 months so I need the pick me up. I'm also still nursing my youngest.

SAHM  to 6run.gif

#68 of 75 Old 07-04-2011, 07:24 AM

I have been lurking for quite a while and decided I may as well jump in.

My name is Jen and I am pregnant with our 3rd and due on Feb 5. We have DD(5) and DD(3).

We are excited but we thought it would take a bit longer to conceive and so the timing isn't perfect...of course it never is!

Hello to all!

Mom to DD(5), DD(3) and Someone New (2/12); Married to "The Husband" since 9/02.

#69 of 75 Old 07-04-2011, 11:51 AM

Hello and congratulations to everyone! love.gif

I am due with my 6th pregnancy but will be my 3rd to term baby (yes it will!!) My 2 glorious, energy packed boys are soon to be 7 and 3.

This will likely be our last baby and I am trying to enjoy the pregnancy despite the morning sickness, fatigue and mood swings. shy.gif I am almost 10 weeks now and due on Feb 1st or 2nd of 2012. We will not be finding out the gender and are planning to have our 3rd homebirth (and perhaps water again).

Whether a little girl or another baby boy...this baby is destined to sword fights, snake and bug hunts and general dirty, squirmy boy stuff.

Now off to try to keep the food in my belly!

AP, Homeschooling, Part-Time working mom with 3 rambunctious boys fencing.gifbabyf.gifall born with love at home. (04 & 08 & 12).

#70 of 75 Old 07-05-2011, 12:11 PM

After about 1.5 years of TTC we finally got a postive result (okay....like 4. hehe) on Fathers Day. Calculations put EDD around 02/23. We've been married over 8.5 years and are very ready to begin our family. On Thursday I'll be at my 7 week mark and just praying that everything keeps goin' and growin'. I have hypothyroidism and it wasn't until I finally got a Dr. to really watch my levels and change medication accordingly that we finally conceived. Now it's all about keeping those levels healthy.

Congrats to all the rest of you women out there!!

#71 of 75 Old 07-05-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGWife View Post

After about 1.5 years of TTC we finally got a postive result (okay....like 4. hehe) on Fathers Day. Calculations put EDD around 02/23. We've been married over 8.5 years and are very ready to begin our family. On Thursday I'll be at my 7 week mark and just praying that everything keeps goin' and growin'. I have hypothyroidism and it wasn't until I finally got a Dr. to really watch my levels and change medication accordingly that we finally conceived. Now it's all about keeping those levels healthy.

Congrats to all the rest of you women out there!!

Congratulations!!!

I also have a hypothyroid. It went undiagnosed throughout most of my high school and college career. It was such a relief to have answers as to why I felt so yucky! Even 20 years later I just found doc who switched me from a T3 medicine to a T4 medicine (or the other way around) and it has made me feel even better! I've had 2 babes and am pregnant with our 3rd. The thyroid meds have been a bit tricky during pregnancy but totally doable. Just make sure you take your prenatal at night so it doesn't interfere with the absorption of the synthetic thyroid.

Happy 9 months to you!

Mom to DD(5), DD(3) and Someone New (2/12); Married to "The Husband" since 9/02.

#72 of 75 Old 07-14-2011, 05:22 AM

I just had an ultrasound Tuesday to confirm the due date, which is Feb 21, 2012.  Five days before my husband's birthday!

I am 36 and this is my first. I broke my pelvis in a car accident 10 years ago so I'm a little nervous about how this is all going to work out at the end!  But none of the doctors seem alarmed, so that is comforting.  So far I feel pretty good, just a little bit of food aversion and nausea but nothing extreme. 

#73 of 75 Old 07-18-2011, 05:33 PM

Hello,

I am late signing on to MDC this time! I am Heidi, mama to 10 year old Dd and 3 year old Ds. Expecting baby #3 on My Birthday 2/23/12!

treehugger.gifMamaknit.gifsewmachine.gifmodifiedartist.gif to one cool girlREPlaySkateboard04HL.gif4/3/01 and a sweet boysuperhero.gif1/1/08...and joy.gifsweet Goobie Rue born 3/6/12

**formerly known as Mamablueberry**

#74 of 75 Old 09-12-2011, 04:40 PM

Hi ladies, my name is Dominique and I would love to join the due date club is there another place for it. I am due Feb 8th with my 5th child. Its a boy!! <3

a:5:{s:9:"signature";s:273:"
a:5:{s:9:"signature";s:164:"Wife to H Antonio:, Mother to DD Kathleen 12,: DD Yoseleen 9,
DD Jasmeen 5, and DS Anthony 2,";s:7:"insider";N;s:6:"awards";N;s:10:"selections";s:0:"";s:8:"featured";s:0:"";}
";s:7:"insider";N;s:6:"awards";N;s:10:"selections";s:0:"";...
#75 of 75 Old 09-13-2011, 05:58 PM

Hi mamas. My name is Marci. We're expecting surprise baby 2 on 2/11. I was actually still on bc when we conceived, so we were a little surprised to say the least, but still very excited! I had just stopped breastfeeding DS a few months before and had only had 3 very random cycles, so I gave my midwife my best guess on a lmp date. So we'll see when this baby decides to make an arrival :) Anyways, I'm happy to be here!

Mama to Jack (2/14/10) and Madi (2/14/12) luxlove.gif my Valentine's babies!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page